Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage

Most viewed - Heritage
Steam-Laundry-staff-w.jpg
Helensburgh Steam Laundry1489 viewsStaff of Helensburgh Steam Laundry pose outside the front door at 55 East King Street. Third from the right is Peter Graham, and more names would be welcomed. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Jim Graham (www.graham-clan.co.uk), nephew of Peter.
East-Bay028-w.jpg
East Bay1489 viewsHelensburgh's East Bay esplanade in days gone by. Image date unknown.
1920s-Territorials-w.jpg
Camp photo1489 viewsArgyll and Sutherland Highlanders Territorials from Helensburgh pictured at camp in the 1920s. Image supplied by Mrs Betty Stewart, whose father, Lachie McDonald, is in the picture.
whistlefield.jpg
Whistlefield1488 viewsA view of Loch Long and Loch Goil with Whistlefield and its station in the foreground.
Image1-64.jpg
Hermitage Park1488 viewsThe sun dial and rose garden in Hermitage Park. Date unknown.
Brown_photos2.jpg
Brown Photographer1488 viewsAn image circa 1910 used by W.D.Brown & Co., Photographers and Miniature Painters, of West Bay Studio, Helensburgh. They specialised in 'Artistic Portraiture at moderate prices', including 'Child Studies'.
bandstand1.jpg
The Band Stand1488 viewsThe Breingan Band Stand which stood on Helensburgh seafront opposite the Imperial Hotel features on this old postcard. Image date unknown.
Golf-course008.jpg
Course with a view1488 viewsThis old picture shows the outstanding view over the Clyde and the Gareloch from the final holes of Helensburgh Golf Club. Image date unknown.
hydro_2ndlounge.jpg
Lounge1487 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
East-Bay026.jpg
East Bay1487 viewsThe East Bay and esplanade before the sea wall was built, with Queen's Hotel in the distance dominating other buildings. Image circa 1924.
Lady_Helen_Colquhoun.jpg
Lady Helen Colquhoun1487 viewsWife of Sir James Colquhoun of Luss, who founded Helensburgh in 1777 and named it after her. It is not known which artist painted her portrait, of which this is a mono copy. She was the daughter of William, Lord Strathnaver, son and heir apparent of John, 19th Earl of Sutherland.
Helensburgh_Amateurs_1922.jpg
Helensburgh boys team 19221486 viewsAn unknown 1922 Helensburgh boys team.Second from left in the front row is Peter Reece. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 66