Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage

Most viewed - Heritage
Longcroft-from-west-25_11_15-w.jpg
Longcroft1575 viewsThe traditional view from the west of Longcroft, West Rossdhu Drive, Helensburgh, which was designed and built by noted burgh architect and artist Alexander Nisbet Paterson in 1902. He lived there with his artist wife Maggie, nee Whitelaw Hamilton, and family for many years. 2015 photo by Donald Fullarton.
Robert-Clyde-family.jpg
Robert M.Clyde1574 viewsRobert McIntosh Clyde, founder of the R.M.Clyde grocery business which had several shops in Helensburgh town centre and brother of leading Scottish actor-manager John Clyde, is pictured with his family, probably at the family home, Bramwell Cottage, West King Street. From left: Jean, David, Robert (Bob) seated on the ground, Robert, Annie standing at back, Isobel, James (Jimmy) and Isabella. Image supplied by his great grandson, Alistair Paton.
McInnes-shop-1.jpg
G.Arthur McInnes Ltd.1573 viewsAn early view of G.Arthur McInnes, Drapers, 77-81 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh. The shop opened on February 15 1929 on the site previously occupied by grocer R.M.Clyde, six years after Robert’s daughter Jean married George Arthur McInnes on January 3 1923. George died in 1937, but Jean carried on until her death in 1941. Her daughter Isobel — better known as Belle and wife of Waldies garage boss and town councillor George Aitkenhead — ran the business for many years with the aid of manager Duncan Ralph.
Image1-55.png
Colquhoun Square pre-19331571 viewsThis picture shows the road in to the right which existed, like the other quadrants, until that one quadrant was pedestrianised. The road in to the left led to Pender's Garage, as well as the Post Office.
Augusta_lodge_entrance2.jpg
1571 viewsA second old view of the west bay seafront, with railings along the prom and a shelter in the distance — and an advertisement for the West End Garage on a gable wall on the far side of the road. Beside it, where the Augusta Lodge cafe buildings stand now, is the entrance to the former home of Lady Augusta Clavering, elder daughter of the 5th Duke of Argyll. It was a plain, substantial house, built about 1804, with a grass plot in front, and an iron railing next the street. Image date unknown.
Old_bride.jpg
1920s bride1570 viewsA posed photograph by Brown & Son of Helensburgh of a local bride in the 1920s. Any information would be welcomed.
St_Michael_and_All_Angels_choir_1950s.jpg
St Michael's Choir1570 viewsThe choir of Helensburgh's St Michael's and All Angels Church, circa 1950. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
Helensburgh_Central006.jpg
Helensburgh Central1569 viewsHelensburgh Central Station, photographed on August 23 1973.
30-line-BBC-TV-1932.jpg
30 line TV1569 views30 line TV from the BBC, circa 1932. T.H.Bridgewater is on the left.
West_Clyde_Street1605.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront1567 viewsFrom the pier. Date circa 1960.
Centenary_monument1662.jpg
Centenary Cross1567 viewsThe pink granite centenary cross in the centre of Colquhoun Square in 1905. It was donated in 1903 by Sir James Colquhoun, the 30th of Luss and 5th Baronet, to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter in 1902. Later it was moved to the north west quadrant of the square for road safety reasons.
1928_Craighelen_Tennis_Club.jpg
Craighelen Tennis Club 19281567 viewsCraighelen Tennis Club members pictured outside the clubhouse in 1928.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 55