| Most viewed - Heritage |

The East Bay1586 viewsLooking towards Craigendoran
|
|

Rhu Post Office1586 viewsAn old picture of Rhu Post Office, date unknown. David Winton left his job with the Post Office in Arbroath about 1910 as he was becoming blind, and he and his wife moved to Rhu where they were Postmaster and Postmistress until the mid-1950s. Beyond is the Rhu Inn, then known as the Colquhoun Arms. Image supplied by their great grandson, Alistair Quinlan.
|
|

Helensburgh FC1586 viewsThe original Ardencaple pitch of Helensburgh Football Club, with the cricket pitch and West Montrose Street below, from an aerial view of west Helensburgh. The image, date unknown, is from the collection of William Orr of Rhu, who was at one time the Burgh Engineer before becoming the Assistant Engineer for Argyllshire, and it was supplied by his great nephew, Alistair Quinlan.
|
|

Black Bridge, Glen Fruin1585 viewsA photograph taken in the 1920s by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows the Black Bridge in Glen Fruin, with the schoolhouse in the background.
|
|

Helensburgh Red Cross1585 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Red Cross at a lecture in the Red Cross Hall in East Princes Street in February 1969. The man on the left is the late Ian Macneil who was involved with both the Red Cross and St Andrew's Ambulance Association in the local area for many years. The boy is Billy Irvine, at that time a Hermitage Primary School pupil aged about 10.
|
|

Exchange choice1585 viewsAnne McBrierty is seen receiving flowers from Helensburgh Advertiser columnist Betty Wood (left) after she was chosen to represent Helensburgh Telephone Exchange in the Miss Interflora competition in April 1968. Also in the picture are Grace Robertson and Morag MacPherson.
|
|

First Edition1584 viewsThe front page of the first edition of the Helensburgh Advertiser, published on Friday August 30 1957.
|
|

Pier View1584 viewsLooking east from Helensburgh pier, with paddling where the pier car park is now. A funfair on the left and the old Granary can be seen in front of the clock tower. Undated.
|
|

Helensburgh Toastmistress Club1584 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Toastmistress Club are pictured with guest speaker Jack House, a well known Glasgow journalist, on the lawn in front of the Queen's Hotel prior to their annual luncheon. Image date unknown.
|
|

Sandcastle competition1584 viewsThe scene on Helensburgh's east seafront during a sandcastle building competition. Image, date unknown, supplied by Sue Taylor.
|
|

Mill Pond1583 viewsMothers and children at the enlarged mill pond in Hermitage Park next to where the Millig Mill once stood. Circa 1947.
|
|

Train at Glen Douglas1583 viewsA steam train on the West Highland Line, opened in 1894, enters Glen Douglas Station. Image date unknown.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
53 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|