| Most viewed - Heritage |

Mardon House Outing1748 viewsResidents and staff from Mardon House, Helensburgh, pictured at Garelochhead Army Camp in October 1991, supporting nurses who were taking part in a charity assault course.
|
|

View from pier1748 viewsAn 1880s image by James Valentine of the fishing boats on the beach and Helensburgh's west seafront.
|
|

Shandon Shop1747 viewsBray, Shandon, on Kirk Brae, where Cooper & Co., agent for the Perth Dye Works, offered Teas etc. Date unknown. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove.
|
|

Last convoy1747 viewsThe last convoy of World War Two gathers in the Clyde off Gourock. This famous image was taken by outstanding Greenock photographer James Hall. Image date unknown.
|
|

Dunmore House, Rhu1747 viewsAn old image of Dunmore House which stood beside Pier Road, Rhu, and opposite Rhu Pier. The last owner of the house was a recluse who allowed the building to deteriorate to such an extent that latterly he was living in a tent inside one room because the roof was leaking so badly. It was demolished in the 1970s and replaced by two matching modern houses, Dunmore East and Dunmore West. Image by courtesy of Jim Shields.
|
|

Inverclyde, Cove1746 viewsInverclyde at Cove while it was a Holiday Home run by Glasgow YMCA. Also known as Hartfield House, this Cove mansion was owned at one time by James, Lord Inverclyde, second son of the first Lord Inverclyde, and grandson of Sir George Burns, Bart., founder of the Cunard Line. An enthusiastic yachtsman, he was Vice-Commodore of the Royal Northern Yacht Club at Rhu and a member of the Royal Yacht Squadron, president of the Scottish Hockey Association, a cricketer, curler, and tennis player. Later it belonged to his son Alan, the 4th Baron, and then became a YMCA holiday home. The mansion was demolished in the 1960s. Image circa 1913.
|
|

Battrums Music Shop1745 viewsThe Sinclair Street premises of W.Battrum, Pianoforte and Music Warehouse. On offer were pianofortes on hire at moderate rates, pianofortes and organs on the 'Hire Purchase System', and pianoforte tuning. They also carried a large stock of the newest and most popular music, and sold gramophones, phonographs and records. Image circa 1910.
|
|

1903 Helensburgh West1745 viewsLooking west from the tower of the United Free Church — now St Columba Church — along West King Street. Image circa 1903.
|
|

Helensburgh Ginger Beer1744 viewsOld bottles used by Comrie & Co. who prepared High Class Waters and Old Scotch Brewed Ginger Beer at their Fairy Springs factory in James Street. Later it belonged to Garvie, who closed it in 1957.
|
|

Burgh Engine1743 viewsThis Gresley designed 2-6-2T V1 engine, 67603, which weighed 84 tons, is pictured at the Helensburgh Central Station Shed in 1958. This class was introduced in 1930.
|
|

Aldersyde1742 viewsAlderside in Garelochhead pictured about 1919, when it was owned by market gardener Alexander Thomson.
|
|

Queen at Queen's1741 viewsQueen's Hotel manager Norman Drummond is pictured on the lawn at the front of the hotel with Miss Great Britain, Jennifer Gurley, in July 1968. She was in town for the Helensburgh Lions Club Carnival in East King Street Park.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
38 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|