| Most viewed - Heritage |

Harvie Chemist1862 viewsThe 4 East Princes Street premises of Geo. Harvie & Son, dispensing and photographic chemists, offering films, plates, papers and all photographic requisites — including a dark-room for the use of customers. Image circa 1910.
|
|

Craig M.Jeffrey Ltd. staff1859 viewsStaff of Craig M.Jeffrey Ltd., publishers of the Helensburgh Advertiser and the County Reporter and commercial printers, pictured outside the 7-9 East King Street printworks on a sunny day. Standing (from left) are Donald Fullarton, W.T.Slater, Jimmy Allan, Tom McLennan, Norma Jarman, Willie McGillivary, Billy Gilmour, Jim Cavana and proprietor Craig Jeffrey. In front are Stewart Stenhouse, unknown, George Gill and Tony McGinley. Image circa 1970.
|
|

Railway Staff1857 viewsStaff at Helensburgh Central Station in 1928. Back row from left: Dan Feeney, — , — , Lizzie Robertson, George Taylor, Mrs Sarah Shields, Sam McKinlay, Willie Wilkie, — . Third: Jean Wallace, Dennis Shields, Bessie McDonach, — , Sarah McDonald, Alexander Paterson, Julia O'Brien, Pat Boyce, Miss Robb, John Rafferty. Second: Norman McLeod, John McConnell, Mrs Lorimer, — , stationmaster and local councillor George Stevenson, — , — , Sandy Chapman, — . Front: Willie Busby, Duncan McInnes, Harry Stevenson, Pat Coleman, Willie Ritchie, Joe Kennan.
|
|

Provost Sam Bryden1853 viewsProvost Sam Bryden, as well as owning Macneur & Bryden's newsagent and gift shop in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, was also the man responsible for the erection of the centenary monument in Colquhoun Square.
|
|

Cairndhu carving1852 viewsA cafrving high on the wall of the former Cairndhu Hotel, later a nursing home for the elderly and now disused and boarded up. Originally Cairndhu House, it was built in 1871 to a William Leiper design in the style of a grand chateau for John Ure, Provost of Glasgow, whose son became Lord Strathclyde and lived in the mansion. 2011 image by Stewart Noble.
|
|

Christie Grocers1848 viewsThe Helensburgh grocers shop of W.G.Christie (Late W.Orme), Wholesale and Retail Butter Merchant, High Class Provision Merchant, 34 & 36 Sinclair Street. Their slogan was 'Families waited upon daily in Helensburgh and district'. Telephone No.32. Established 1861. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove. Image circa 1910.
|
|

East Princes Street1848 viewsA busy day in the town centre at the Sinclair Street and Princes Street junction. Image date unknown.
|
|

New Clubhouse1847 viewsMrs Winifred Wedgwood receives a bouquet after officially opening Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club's new clubhouse on May 2 1969. Also in the picture are Will Steuart-Corry, Mrs Hope Wedgwood, and Amery Wedgwood.
|
|

Craigendoran storm1847 viewsGales lash Craigendoran station and pier in 1911. Image supplied by Malcolm LeMay.
|
|

Hill House under construction1845 viewsA 1902 image of The Hill House, the Upper Colquhoun Street mansion designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh for Walter W.Blackie, under construction. It was completed in 1904. © Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.
|
|

Open Day1844 viewsMembers of the public enjoy an Open Day at Garelochhead Army Training Camp in 1973.
|
|

67629 at Helensburgh1844 viewsAn engine of the 84-ton V1 Class introduced in 1930, 67629, waits at Helensburgh Central. Photo reproduced by kind permission of the Duncan Chandler Collection, the copyright holder.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
30 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|