Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage

Most viewed - Heritage
Inversnaid1535.jpg
Inversnaid Falls1911 viewsAn albumen photograph of the spectacular Falls of Inversnaid on the east side of Loch Lomond.
Ladies-cricket3898~1.jpg
Lady cricketers1907 viewsHelensburgh ladies cricket team in August 1968.
Tin_Hut_Club-11004.jpg
Tin Hut Club-21906 viewsMembers of the Tin Hut Club, a club which formed within Helensburgh Golf Club in 1932 for golfers who had been members when the clubhouse was made of wood and corrugated iron, pictured in 1935. From left, back: W.K.Maclachlan, A.McDougall (vet), R.C.Lindsay (auctioneer), R.Stanton (lawyer), W.Easton (grocer); front: A.McCulloch (decorator), A.Douglas (coal businessman), R.Ness (lawyer), G.R.Murray, A.Stewart, W.Ferguson, club professional Tom Turnbull. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
Patricia-Evans105.jpg
Miss Farmgirl UK1902 viewsHelensburgh girl Patricia Evans, who worked in the Town Clerk's office, was chosen as Miss Farmgirl UK at the final held in London's Washington Hotel in December 1966. She also won the Miss Dunbartonshire title and was a finalist in the Miss Scotland competition.
1912-HLTC-group-web1.jpg
Tennis in 19121900 viewsPlayers at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club in Suffolk Street in 1912.
Hermitage-chess4183.jpg
Chess at Hermitage1900 viewsPlay in progress at a chess match between Hermitage School and Dumbarton's Keil School in March 1969.
Bandstand041.jpg
Bandstand and Granary1900 viewsA view east from Helensburgh pier towards the old bandstand, the granary, and the Old Parish Church, circa 1908. The granary was a malt barn from the 1700s, and about 1900 part of it was converted into a garage. It became a restaurant in 1934 and was demolished in 1980. The church was built in 1847 and demolished in the 1980s.
helensburgh~0.jpg
Helensburgh Overview1899 viewsThis photo card is pre-1922. To the left of St Columba Church, Sinclair Street, in the centre of the photo, is the chimney of Malig Mill, which was demolished in 1922.
Swim_Club_prizegiving0983.jpg
Prize Swimmers1899 viewsA Helensburgh Swimming Club prizegiving in the Pillar Hall in the 1950s. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
Putting_Green_192520.jpg
Official Opening1897 viewsThe Helensburgh seafront putting green is officially inaugurated and opened by Provost Duncan in 1925. At the time, the cost of a round was three pence.
Hermitage_Park_children.jpg
Play in the Park1891 viewsChildren enjoy Hermitage Park. The Cenotaph can be seen in the distance.
Ardencaple_Hotel.jpg
Ardencaple Hotel1882 viewsThe Ardencaple Hotel beside the main road between Helensburgh and Rhu when W.Thomson was the manager. A former coaching inn named the Ardencaple Inn, it was built in the early 1800s by the Duke of Argyll and had its own stables to cater for travellers between Glasgow and Argyll. It replaced the Cairndhu Inn which once stood in Cairndhu Park, which is now Kidston Park, and used much of its stonework. About 1860 it became a private mansion owned by Mrs Rosina Drew and her husband Peter, and about 1912 it reverted to being a hotel. Image date unknown.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 28