| Most viewed - Heritage |

Taking the plunge2242 viewsFour young swimmers jump into the Helensburgh outdoor pool in the 1930s.
|
|

The Queen's Hotel2233 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
|
|

Camis Eskan Greenhouse2225 viewsThe greenhouse in the gardens of Camis Eskan during the Second World War. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
|
|

Helensburgh 1st XV 19722219 viewsThe Helensburgh Rugby Club 1st XV pictured at Ardencaple. Standing: Peter Foster, Peter Elles, unknown, unknown, unknown, Brian Johnstone, Alasdair Glendye, Graham Heron; front: Stewart Aitken, Julian Rey, Jimmy Findlay, Dave Muir, Howard Morrison, Malcolm Bell, Alastair Baird.
|
|

Hermitage class 19302219 viewsA Hermitage Primary School class, circa 1930. More information would be welcomed by the editor. Image supplied by Sue Thornley.
|
|

Portincaple House2215 viewsPortincaple House on Loch Longside was also known as Ferry House, and the ferry plied across the loch to Mark. An open-air church service was held annually on the front lawn on Glasgow Fair Sunday. It was the home of ferryman and fisherman Finlay McNab and his family, and also the holiday home of the controversial Nottingham MP Charles Bradlaugh. Image circa 1902.
|
|

Thomas H.Kerr Furniture2214 viewsThe 19 James Street premises of Thomas H.Kerr, Dealer in Modern and Antique Furniture, Cabinet-maker, Upholsterer and Removal Contractor. Image circa 1910.
|
|

Remains of Malig Mill2213 viewsAround 1922 the mill was demolished. Some remains were kept and a rock garden was created.
This image is watermarked.
|
|

Pony Rides2200 viewsFun on Helensburgh beach at the pierhead in 1970.
|
|

View from above2200 viewsAn aerial view of central Helensburgh, circa 1970.
|
|

Hermitage class 19392198 viewsA Hermitage Primary School class, circa 1939. More information would be welcomed by the editor. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
|
|

Craigendoran Upper Station2194 viewsCraigendoran Upper Station, the start of the West Highland Line which opened in 1894. Like all the local upper stations, except Rhu, it was designed to look like a Swiss chalet. Image date unknown.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
18 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|