| Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery |

Racing yachts1604 viewsYachts race off Helensburgh in this old picture from the Lindsay Laidlaw series. Image date unknown.
|
|

Seafront viewed from a boat1603 viewsThe clock tower is almost centre of the image. Undated.
|
|

No Chaps!1600 viewsFive lady swimmers play dominoes in Helensburgh Outdoor Pool in the 1930s.
|
|

The Putting Green1597 viewsA view of the putting green and seafront from the pierhead, with two shelters further along the seafront.
This postcard is postmarked September 1954.
|
|

Clynder and the Gareloch1597 viewsA view of Clynder, Barremman Pier, and shipping moored in the Gareloch. Image circa 1909.
|
|

A K Class Submarine1596 viewsOne of these submarines sank in the Gareloch on January 29 1917
|
|

The Sugar Ship1596 viewsAn aerial view of the 8,325 ton Greek cargo ship Captayannis lying on a sandbank near to Ardmore Point not long after she was sunk. On the evening of January 27 1974 the area suffered from a terrific storm which blew the vessel from its anchor and caused it to collide with the BP tanker British Light. The anchor chains of the tanker holed the sugar boat allowing water to pour into her, so she was beached in the shallow waters over the sandbank.
|
|

Cove anglers1596 viewsCove and Kilcreggan Angling Club prizewinners at the annual dinner and prizegiving in Kilcreggan Hotel in March 1968. They are Burgh Treasurer William Cowan, his wife Joyce, Tom Taggart, secretary Harry Robertson, Rosemary Davidson and Alastair MacLean.
|
|

Rosneath launch1595 viewsThe yacht Sea Laughter is launched after being built at Silver's Yard at Rosneath. Managing director John Boyd, also Cove and Kilcreggan's Dean of Guild, is third from left in the front row. Image date unknown.
|
|

Craigendoran Pier1595 viewsAn old photograph of Craigendoran pier with two early Clyde steamers alongside. Image date unknown.
|
|

Gun Club meets1594 viewsMembers of Dunbartonshire Gun Club gather at Geilston Farm, Cardross, on October 10 1969.
|
|

Redtower1594 viewsAn early interior image of Redtower, 4 Douglas Drive West, Helensburgh, a red sandstone chateau-like mansion built in 1898 by distinguished local architect William Leiper for grocer James Allan. At the end of the 20th century it was bought by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Glasgow and used as a drug rehabilitation centre, but it has since reverted to private use and the name has been changed to Redtowers. Image supplied by Dr Nigel Allan.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
33 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|