Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
Bandstand041.jpg
Bandstand and Granary1708 viewsA view east from Helensburgh pier towards the old bandstand, the granary, and the Old Parish Church, circa 1908. The granary was a malt barn from the 1700s, and about 1900 part of it was converted into a garage. It became a restaurant in 1934 and was demolished in 1980. The church was built in 1847 and demolished in the 1980s.
Hermitage-chess4183.jpg
Chess at Hermitage1707 viewsPlay in progress at a chess match between Hermitage School and Dumbarton's Keil School in March 1969.
Craigendoran-steamers3832~0.jpg
Steamers at Craigendoran1705 viewsTwo steamers at Craigendoran Pier, circa 1903.
Hermitage_Park_children.jpg
Play in the Park1704 viewsChildren enjoy Hermitage Park. The Cenotaph can be seen in the distance.
Inversnaid1535.jpg
Inversnaid Falls1704 viewsAn albumen photograph of the spectacular Falls of Inversnaid on the east side of Loch Lomond.
Ardencaple_Hotel.jpg
Ardencaple Hotel1695 viewsThe Ardencaple Hotel beside the main road between Helensburgh and Rhu when W.Thomson was the manager. A former coaching inn named the Ardencaple Inn, it was built in the early 1800s by the Duke of Argyll and had its own stables to cater for travellers between Glasgow and Argyll. It replaced the Cairndhu Inn which once stood in Cairndhu Park, which is now Kidston Park, and used much of its stonework. About 1860 it became a private mansion owned by Mrs Rosina Drew and her husband Peter, and about 1912 it reverted to being a hotel. Image date unknown.
Cardross-Station7.jpg
Cardross Station1694 viewsCardross Station prior to electrification. The building is the only local remnant of the original Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway which opened for traffic in 1858. Image date unknown.
1953-Neerday-swimmers5396.jpg
Jubilant Ne'erday swimmers1691 viewsLily Finnighan, Helen McDonagh and Jenny Burgess celebrate after taking part in the 1953 Ne'erday Swim at Helensburgh pier. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.
Helensburgh-Station3.jpg
Early Helensburgh Station1690 viewsAn 1875 picture of Helensburgh Station in East Princes Street, built in 1856, which came into use when the railway reached Helensburgh in 1858. On the left is the Municipal Buildings.
Patricia-Evans105.jpg
Miss Farmgirl UK1690 viewsHelensburgh girl Patricia Evans, who worked in the Town Clerk's office, was chosen as Miss Farmgirl UK at the final held in London's Washington Hotel in December 1966. She also won the Miss Dunbartonshire title and was a finalist in the Miss Scotland competition.
1912-HLTC-group-web1.jpg
Tennis in 19121678 viewsPlayers at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club in Suffolk Street in 1912.
Rhu_Arden_05_10_13.jpg
Rhu Arden1675 viewsA 2013 image of Rhu Arden, 1 Upper Sutherland Crescent, Helensburgh, which was built about 1871 by noted architect William Leiper and was originally named Bonnington. Later he built his own home, Terpersie, next door. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 28