Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
New_Year_Swim_group0992.jpg
1914 New Year Swim1928 viewsFive swimmers dry off on the pier after the Helensburgh New Year Swim. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
Helen-Stewart~0.jpg
Helen Stewart1926 viewsHelensburgh-born Helen Stewart, wife of Sir Jackie Stewart, presents the 1966 Milk for Energy Race trophy to winner Alan Robinson at Ingliston motor racing circuit, near Edinburgh.
Old_Hel_pic.jpg
Helensburgh from the air1923 viewsThe town centre area, believed to have been taken about 1920.
1930s-seafront-scene-w.jpg
Seafront sunshine1921 viewsThis August 1933 photo taken on Helensburgh seafront shows Mary Hickey in black and Margaret Hickey in a frock, with their nephew Bobby Nimlo. All three are now deceased. The identity of the boy in the shade is not known. Image supplied by John Booth, son of Margie Hickey.
Kirkmichael_gala_day_199317.jpg
Gala Day1920 viewsA piper leads the fancy dress procession at the Kirkmichael Gala Day on August 14 1993.
puttinggreen.jpg
Seafront Putting Green1917 viewsThe card is postmarked 1957.
Rhu_FC_192512.jpg
Rhu Footballers of 19251914 viewsA Row FC team picture at Ardenconnel Park.
Bannachra_Castle.jpg
Bannachra Castle1914 viewsThe ruins of Bannachra Castle on the Luss road from Helensburgh, between Cross Keys and Arden. The Castle was in roughly the shape of a parallelogram, 46 feet long and 24 feet wide, and was three storeys high with a barrel vaulted basement, a main or hall floor and an attic floor. It is currently owned by the Lumsden family, which has owned the lands on which the castle is since the 19th century. Reputed to be on the site of a former construction, it was probably built in the 16th century. Image c1940.
Donkey_Derby1423.jpg
Lions Carnival1911 viewsMiss Great Britain, Jennifer Gurley, is with Helensburgh Lions Club members Provost J.McLeod Williamson and Alan Wylie at the Lions Club's Carnival and Donkey Derby in East King Street Park in July 1968. In the background is another Lions Club member, Stewart Walker.
Craigendoran-pier-crowd.jpg
Craigendoran Pier1911 viewsAll aboard at Craigendoran Pier — passengers from the boat train board the steamer Marmion for a trip 'doon the watter', circa 1930. In the background is the now demolished Craigendoran signal box. Image supplied by Campbell Neil.
German-Heinkel5.jpg
A Heinkel at Rhu circa 19401908 viewsThis photo by World War Two photographer Bob Bird shows a German Heinkel aircraft at the Marine Aircraft Experimental Research Establishment at Rhu. It was one of two Heinkel He 115 floatplanes modified by MAEE and Scottish Aviation to fly agents into Europe. Reproduced by kind permission of Robin Bird, who wrote ‘Top Secret War Bird of World War Two’ about his father.
Norman_Glen-118.jpg
Helensburgh's Last Provost1904 viewsThe late Norman Glen CBE, the burgh's last Provost, plants a tree in Hermitage Park in November 2001, assisted by his daughters, Mrs Mary Pat Smith and Mrs Nancy Jackson. It replaced one he originally planted to mark the end of his term of office as Provost in 1975. The occasion helped to mark the launch of Helensburgh Tree Conservation Trust, formed by people anxious to preserve the burgh's treescape.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 20