| Most viewed - Heritage |

Caledonian no.1231578 viewsCaledonian locomotive no.123 pictured at the Helensburgh engine depot in 1948 during an excursion to mark the centenary of the Caledonian Railway. Built by Neilson & Co. in Springburn in 1886, she won a gold medal at the Edinburgh International Exhibition that year. In regular service, no.123 worked on the 101-mile Carlisle to Edinburgh section of the west coast route. She was withdrawn in 1935 and is now an exhibit at Glasgow's Transport Museum. Image supplied by the photographer, Donald McAllister.
|
|

The Paddling Pool1576 viewsThe paddling pool on Helensburgh's west seafront. Date unknown.
|
|

Hermitage class 19431576 viewsA Hermitage Primary School class circa 1943. John McAllan, who supplied the image, is top row third from right, second row extreme right Robert Watt, second row middle Drew Ferguson, third row from top extreme right Douglas Lamb, third from right Jim Kennedy, sixth from right George Milne. Others include top row, far right Alister McLeod; third row down, far left Campbell Jardine; third row down, one in on the left Robin Adair; top row, four in from the left John Oswald; fourth row down, one in from the left Edith Clements; third row down, centre Iain Campbell. More names would be welcome. Image supplied by Iain Campbell.
|
|

Helensburgh Upper Station1574 viewsA view of Helensburgh Upper in its heyday, looking east towards the Sinclair Street bridge. Photograph taken in July 1959.
|
|

Demonstration1574 viewsThe Rhu RNLI rescue boat gave a demonstration of a rescue as part of the bicentenary celebrations off Helensburgh pier on Saturday August 4 2012. In the background is HMS Pursuer, a patrol boat from the Clyde Naval Base at Faslane, which led the nautical convoy from Rhu Marina to Helensburgh. Photo by Kenneth Speirs.
|
|

School in wartime1572 viewsClass Junior 2 at Helensburgh's James Street School in February 1914. Image supplied by Marlyn Ritchie.
|
|

Tin Hut Club-11571 viewsMembers of the Tin Hut Club, a club which formed within Helensburgh Golf Club in 1932 for golfers who had been members when the clubhouse was made of wood and corrugated iron. Date unknown. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
|
|

67662 at Helensburgh1571 viewsThe Thompson-designed Class L1 engine 67662 takes on water at the Helensburgh shed on June 21 1955. The class was introduced in 1945 and weighed almost 90 tons.
|
|

Craigendoran storm1570 viewsGales lash Craigendoran station and pier in 1911. Image supplied by Malcolm LeMay.
|
|

Helensburgh on Clyde 18831568 viewsFrom an original painting by Henry B.Wimbush.
|
|

Hermitage Park1568 viewsTree seat in Hermitage Park, circa 1928.
|
|

Ardencaple House1568 viewsArdencaple House when it was a private dwelling. Originally a coaching inn, it was built in the early 1800s by the Duke of Argyll and had its own stables to cater for travellers between Glasgow and Argyll. It replaced the Cairndhu Inn which once stood in Cairndhu Park, which is now Kidston Park, and used much of its stonework. About 1860 it became a private mansion owned by Mrs Rosina Drew and her husband Peter, and about 1912 it reverted to being the Ardencaple Hotel. Image circa 1900.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
35 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|