| Most viewed - Heritage |

1969 badminton winners1638 viewsWinners of the 1969 Helensburgh and District Badminton Tournament, played in the East Princes Street Drill Hall, are pictured — from left: Stewart McColl, Gillian Paynter, John Sharp, Ronnie Trail.
|
|

Harvie Chemist1637 viewsThe 4 East Princes Street premises of Geo. Harvie & Son, dispensing and photographic chemists, offering films, plates, papers and all photographic requisites — including a dark-room for the use of customers. Image circa 1910.
|
|

The Barracks1635 viewsA notorious property known as The Barracks, or Fugie's Property, which was on the west side of James Street between Princes Street and King Street roughly where the playpark now is, is pictured in the early stages of demolition in the 1890s. The 29 dwellings had housed railway employees and railway construction workers.
|
|

Helensburgh Sailing Club 19721634 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Sailing Club at their annual dance in the Queen's Hotel in February 1972.
|
|

Training Ship Empress1630 viewsThe Empress moored in the Gareloch off Rhu, with another vessel nearby. She was the second of two charitable training ships for boys, and was in the Gareloch from 1889 until the 1920s, with staff giving a tough and sometimes brutal training to the 300 boys on board at any time. Image circa 1908.
|
|

Steamer at Garelochhead Pier1627 viewsA steamer is berthed at the pier at Garelochhead, probably the Lucy Ashton which called regularly from 1906 until the pier closed in 1939. Image circa 1905.
|
|

CND Demonstration1624 viewsMembers of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament demonstrate outside the south gate of the Clyde Submarine Base at Faslane on March 22 1982.
|
|

Junior tennis players1623 viewsEntrants for the first major junior tournament held by Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club at its Suffolk Street courts in 1948.
|
|

New Year Swim 19141623 viewsHelensburgh swimmers in the water off the pier on January 1 1914. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
|
|

Christie Grocers1621 viewsThe Helensburgh grocers shop of W.G.Christie (Late W.Orme), Wholesale and Retail Butter Merchant, High Class Provision Merchant, 34 & 36 Sinclair Street. Their slogan was 'Families waited upon daily in Helensburgh and district'. Telephone No.32. Established 1861. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove. Image circa 1910.
|
|

Busy Seafront1620 viewsA packed west esplanade on a sunny day in the summer of 1967.
|
|

Bowls at Shandon Hydro1619 viewsTwo gentlemen are seen playing bowls on the lawn of Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. Image circa 1905.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
31 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|