| Most viewed - Heritage |

Enjoying camp1721 viewsHelensburgh Territorials in camp in May 1942.
|
|

Helensburgh derailment1720 viewsThis derailment, which occurred about 1968, is shown from the Adelaide Street footbridge looking west towards Helensburgh Central Station.
|
|

New panel1720 views'Henry Bell' unveiled a new panel featuring information about the town, including references to himself and his ground breaking invention, on Helensburgh seafront as part of the bicentenary celebrations on Saturday August 4 2012. The panel replaces an earlier version which was one of ten put in place to encourage motorists to explore ‘The Clyde Sea Lochs Trail’, a scenic coastal route from Dumbarton via Cardoss, Helensburgh, Rhu, Garelochhead and the Rosneath Peninsula to Arrochar. Photo by John Urquhart.
|
|

Badminton champions1719 viewsHelensburgh and District badminton championships winners, circa 1960. Back row: ?, ?, Ronnie Trail, Ken Mercer, Morag Carslaw, ?, Marion Watson, ?, Robert Burns, Johnny Sharp, Alan Miller, Tommy Stewart; front row: Frank Smith, Sheila Campbell, Isobel Campbell, Robert Watt, Kathy Stewart, ?. More names would be welcome.
|
|

Victory Parade1719 viewsTownfolk watch the final stages of Helensburgh's World War One Victory Parade in Colquhoun Square in 1918.
|
|

Helensburgh engine1717 viewsV1 Engine no.67631, a Gresley design introduced in 1930 and weighing 84 tons, pictured at Helensburgh Central in November 1952.
|
|

Helensburgh Overview1716 viewsThis photo card is pre-1922. To the left of St Columba Church, Sinclair Street, in the centre of the photo, is the chimney of Malig Mill, which was demolished in 1922.
|
|

Diamond Wedding 19021715 viewsA family group at the diamond wedding party of Helensburgh man J.W.McCulloch, who set up the family painting and decorating business in Helensburgh in 1846 after losing his money in the Gold Rush, and his wife. Venue unknown. Image supplied by his great grandson, Iain McCulloch.
|
|

Prize Swimmers1715 viewsA Helensburgh Swimming Club prizegiving in the Pillar Hall in the 1950s. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
|
|

Helensburgh Esplanade1714 viewsAll ages enjoy the seafront. Date unknown.
|
|

Lady cricketers1714 viewsHelensburgh ladies cricket team in August 1968.
|
|

Official Opening1708 viewsThe Helensburgh seafront putting green is officially inaugurated and opened by Provost Duncan in 1925. At the time, the cost of a round was three pence.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
27 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|