Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage

Most viewed - Heritage
Arrochar_House_Hotel.jpg
Arrochar House Hotel486 viewsOriginally the ancestral seat of the Clan McFarlane, the hotel was founded in 1697. Originally Inverioch House, it became Arrochar House, then the Arrochar House Hotel which it was when this photo was taken. By 1950 it was owned and being run as a temperance hotel by Mrs Annie McLeod. In the 1970s Bobby Campbell from Alexandria bought it and changed the name to the Cobbler Hotel. In the 1980s Pam and Maurice Root-Reid bought the hotel from Mr Campbell, and they built a large extension to the right. In 2004 Wallace Arnold/Sheerings bought the hotel and changed the name to Claymore Hotel.
Rosneath-Post-Office-w.jpg
Village Post Office482 viewsA 1905 image of the Post Office in Rosneath village.
JLB_21_08_30.jpg
Baird 1930480 viewsA Northcliffe Newspapers photo, dated August 21 1930, captioned: "Mr John L.Baird, of television fame."
Willie_Parlane_DFC.jpg
Twin Sons480 viewsWillie Parlane on the ball for Dumbarton against Dundee United at Tannadice, possibly on March 7 1931 when he and his twin brother Jimmy, who both lived in Rhu, played for Sons in a 1-1 draw. Their nephew Derek Parlane was signed by Rangers when he was still a Hermitage Academy pupil, and went on to star for Rangers, Leeds United, Manchester City and Scotland. The United player was full back Taylor. Image supplied by Robert Ryan.
40th-Anniversary-w.jpg
40th anniversary479 viewsThe Helensburgh and District branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society held its 40th anniversary party at the Commodore Hotel in 1992. Back row from left: Tom McInally, Tom Tudhope, Jessie Gilvear, George Rennie, Allan Carrie; middle row: Tom Savage, Moira Thomson, Margaret Savage, Dorothy Capstick, Dorothy Reid, Alma Traill, Anne Thorn, Dargie Henderson; seated: Norah Dunn and Sue Ashby. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
Pier-rowing-boats.jpg
Rowing boats ashore474 viewsLocal worthies and their rowing boats to the west of Helensburgh pier. Image date unknown.
Fruin_skating-1.jpg
Skating in Glen Fruin469 viewsPhotograph taken c.1910 by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows skaters enjoying the frozen River Fruin.
Putting_green2C_bus.jpg
Sunny putting466 viewsA bus awaits at Helensburgh pierhead and the putting green is busy on a sunny afternoon. Image c.1966.
Fruin-sheep-w~2.jpg
Glen Fruin flock463 viewsBlackface sheep in Glen Fruin in years gone by. Image date unknown.
50th-Anniversary-w.jpg
Founders463 viewsPictured at the 50th anniversary of Helensburgh and District branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society in the Victoria Hall in 2002 are founding members Cath Twigg, John Blain and Norah Dunn. Image supplied by Anne Thorn.
Seafront_weighing_machine.jpg
Weighing machine463 viewsA weighing machine on Helensburgh's West Promenade at William Street. 1951 image supplied by Meg Carroll, seen with her cousin Brian Williams.
Colquhoun-St-horse-w.jpg
Colquhoun Street462 viewsA 1912 image showing a horse and cart moving down Colquhoun Street.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 177