| Most viewed - Heritage |

Bell's home903 viewsThe castellated building which was Henry Bell's original Baths Hotel, became the Queen's Hotel, and is now the Queen's Court flats, seen from Helensburgh pier during the bicentenary celebrations on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Neil MacLeod.
|
|

Glen Fruin cattle903 viewsCows meander through Glen Fruin. Image published by Stewart Stationer, Helensburgh, circa 1918.
|
|

Cardross Old Parish Church902 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries.
|
|

Rhu from Mill Bay901 viewsA very old picture of Rhu Bay from Mill Bay, Rosneath, as a steamer passes, published for Winton, Stationer. (Post Office) Rhu, Gareloch. Image date unknown.
|
|

Luss Parish Church901 viewsLuss Parish Church, circa 1907. This picturesque village church, the third on this site on the banks of Loch Lomond, was built by Sir James Colquhoun in 1875 in the memory of his father who died along with five ghillies in a drowning accident off Inchtavannach. It has beautiful stained glass windows and a uniquely timbered roof, featured frequently in the TV soap 'Take the High Road', and has also hosted many celebrity weddings. The ancient graveyard has 15 listed ancient monuments, the earliest lie at the main entrance to the church, two slabs, each with a simple cross from the 7th or 8th century.
|
|

Whistlefield Brae901 viewsA 1906 image of Whistlefield Brae, Garelochhead, with residents posing for the photograph beside the road up the hill to Whistlefield.
|
|

Baird receiver901 viewsJohn Logie Baird is pictured with a C.R.T. receiver, circa 1935.
|
|

Baird bust900 viewsA bust of John Logie Baird was unveiled in Hermitage Park, Helensburgh, in 1960 by his sister Miss Annie Baird, who was introduced by Provost J.McLeod Williamson. Some years later the bust was moved to a position on the seafront opposite William Street.
|
|

Nude Study by Stephen Conroy900 viewsNude Study by highly regarded Helensburgh artist Stephen Conroy, is an 18 x 14 inches charcoal drawing on paper which was originally purchased at the Glasgow School of Art Degree Show in 1987, the year it was drawn. Inscribed by the artist on the reverse side, it was offered for sale in October 2011 at £4,750. Stephen, whose paintings can sell for as much as £100,000, was born in Helensburgh in 1964, and brought up in Renton. He lives near Cardross. Image supplied by Ewan Mundy Fine Art, Glasgow.
|
|

Open air travel899 views'A' Type open top buses of the 1920s parked at Rhu. Image kindly supplied by Donald John Chisholm.
|
|

Rhu village centre898 viewsAn old view of Rhu showing the Post Office and Inn, published by Winton, Stationer, Rhu Post Office. Image date unknown.
|
|

Cardross Old Parish Church898 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. This image taken from the rear was supplied by Donald Fullarton.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
149 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|