| Most viewed |

Official Opening1709 viewsThe Helensburgh seafront putting green is officially inaugurated and opened by Provost Duncan in 1925. At the time, the cost of a round was three pence.
|
|

Chess at Hermitage1709 viewsPlay in progress at a chess match between Hermitage School and Dumbarton's Keil School in March 1969.
|
|

Inversnaid Falls1708 viewsAn albumen photograph of the spectacular Falls of Inversnaid on the east side of Loch Lomond.
|
|

Steamers at Craigendoran1707 viewsTwo steamers at Craigendoran Pier, circa 1903.
|
|

Play in the Park1706 viewsChildren enjoy Hermitage Park. The Cenotaph can be seen in the distance.
|
|

Ardencaple Hotel1697 viewsThe Ardencaple Hotel beside the main road between Helensburgh and Rhu when W.Thomson was the manager. A former coaching inn named the Ardencaple Inn, it was built in the early 1800s by the Duke of Argyll and had its own stables to cater for travellers between Glasgow and Argyll. It replaced the Cairndhu Inn which once stood in Cairndhu Park, which is now Kidston Park, and used much of its stonework. About 1860 it became a private mansion owned by Mrs Rosina Drew and her husband Peter, and about 1912 it reverted to being a hotel. Image date unknown.
|
|

Cardross Station1695 viewsCardross Station prior to electrification. The building is the only local remnant of the original Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway which opened for traffic in 1858. Image date unknown.
|
|

Jubilant Ne'erday swimmers1692 viewsLily Finnighan, Helen McDonagh and Jenny Burgess celebrate after taking part in the 1953 Ne'erday Swim at Helensburgh pier. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.
|
|

Miss Farmgirl UK1692 viewsHelensburgh girl Patricia Evans, who worked in the Town Clerk's office, was chosen as Miss Farmgirl UK at the final held in London's Washington Hotel in December 1966. She also won the Miss Dunbartonshire title and was a finalist in the Miss Scotland competition.
|
|

Early Helensburgh Station1691 viewsAn 1875 picture of Helensburgh Station in East Princes Street, built in 1856, which came into use when the railway reached Helensburgh in 1858. On the left is the Municipal Buildings.
|
|

Tennis in 19121680 viewsPlayers at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club in Suffolk Street in 1912.
|
|

Rhu Arden1677 viewsA 2013 image of Rhu Arden, 1 Upper Sutherland Crescent, Helensburgh, which was built about 1871 by noted architect William Leiper and was originally named Bonnington. Later he built his own home, Terpersie, next door. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
28 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|