| Most viewed |

Hermitage School 1st XV1972 viewsThe 1961-2 Hermitage School rugby team, led by captain Campbell Smith (front row centre).
|
|

The Queen's Hotel1971 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
|
|

Thomas H.Kerr Furniture1971 viewsThe 19 James Street premises of Thomas H.Kerr, Dealer in Modern and Antique Furniture, Cabinet-maker, Upholsterer and Removal Contractor. Image circa 1910.
|
|

Hermitage class1969 viewsClass 2B at Hermitage School, circa 1956. More details would be welcomed. Image supplied by Iain D.McAulay.
|
|

Remains of Malig Mill1964 viewsAround 1922 the mill was demolished. Some remains were kept and a rock garden was created.
This image is watermarked.
|
|

Crimea lounge1961 viewsThe lounge of Crimea at Portincaple, full of paintings by eminent artist James Kay RSA RSW who lived there for 33 years and worked in a studio in Glasgow. It belonged to his brother Alec, a shipping office manager. The name was chosen when they moved there in 1909 because his father was a Chief Petty Officer in the Royal Navy during the Crimean War, serving in the Black Sea area. James painted an elaborate mural of scenes from the Crimean on the walls of the main entrance. Image date unknown.
|
|

Burgh from pier1958 viewsA 1959 image looking down the pier towards the town centre.
|
|

Wonder of Woolies-11953 viewsLocal historian Pat Drayton is seen with members of staff outside the Woolworths store in West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in October 1997. She won a competition to perform the official opening of a new look store after extensive refurbishment and was treated to a champagne breakfast before the opening. The store was open for many years until it closed in January 2009 when the chain went into administration.
|
|

Mystery group1949 viewsNo details are known about this picture, which was handed in to the Helensburgh Advertiser after it had been found in the street. It might be from a nursery or a children's home, perhaps in the 1950s or 60s.
|
|

Sheepdog trials1949 viewsA young lady with dogs at the Helensburgh and District Sheepdog Trials at Camis Eskan Farm, circa 1930. Photo by James Russell, Alexandria.
|
|

100 years of tennis1947 viewsHelensburgh Lawn Tennis Club celebrated its centenary with a week of special events in June 1984. President Duncan Robson is seen with other centenary committee members. Front: Claire Harper, Duncan Robson, Gay Black, Bud MacBeth, Muriel Borland. Second row: Will Steuart-Corry, Nick White, Donald Fullarton, Jill Fulton, Harry Gould.
|
|

Commodore Hotel1943 viewsThis postcard of the former Kingsclere Hotel is post-dated sometime in the 1960s, before most of the hotel was extensively damaged by a fire in the early hours during a firemens strike.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
19 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|