Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
Clyde-at-War-1-w.jpg
Clyde at war-1499 viewsLooking from Fort Matila towards, Greenock pier. Two Sunderland flying boats can be seen in the right foregound. 1941 image supplied by Michael Wilson.
Ferguson-election-flyer.jpg
Ferguson election flyer497 viewsWilliam A.Ferguson issued this flyer in his campaign for re-election for ward one on Helensburgh Town Council in 1937. He was successful, and went on to serve as Provost from 1944-5. Image supplied by Malcolm LeMay.
Comet_painting_1.jpg
Comet painting495 viewsA 1963 watercolour by Paul Sharp of Henry Bell's Comet at the time of the 150th anniversary.
Cardross-Golf-Club.jpg
Cardross Golf Club495 viewsThe clubhouse at Cardross Golf Club, which replaced a more traditional building which was destroyed in the 'Cardross Blitz' on May 6 1941. The club was founded in 1895, and the current course layout benefitted from design changes recommended by James Braid, which were implemented in 1921. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Garage_and_Victoria_Hall.jpg
495 viewsLooking down Sinclair Street from Stafford Street and across at the Victoria Hall. The long low building is a garage which was originally part of the Millig Mill business, but the Mill was demolished in 1922. Originally Watts Yard Motor House and Repair Shop, it was taken over by final Mill owners R.S.MacFarlane & Son. Image date unknown.
1912_railway_derailment-1.jpg
Derailment495 viewsA train was derailed near George Street, Helensburgh, in June 1912. Image supplied by Malcolm LeMay.
Tamnavoulin~0.jpg
Chilly Glen493 viewsA chilly day in Glen Fruin, with Tamnavoulin in the distance. The name of the small cottage derives from the Gaelic for ‘hill of the mill’. The vicinity of the cottage is thought to have been the site of a dwelling as far back as the 15th century, while one account gives the date of the present building as early 19th century. Image date unknown.
Wee-Arrochar-w.jpg
Wee Arrochar493 viewsA special 'Wee Arrochar' train seen at Helensburgh Central Station. The local service, normally from Craigendoran to Arrochar, fell victim to the Beeching axe in June 1964. Image date unknown.
Rhu_FC.jpg
Rhu FC from the past490 viewsThe Rhu Amateurs team and officials from a bygone era. Image date unknown. More information would be welcomed.
West-Princes-Street-with-carriage-w.jpg
West Princes Street489 viewsAn image c.1920 of of a traffic-free West Princes Street, looking east from Colquhoun Square. Image supplied by Jeff Castel de Oro.
Arrochar_House_Hotel.jpg
Arrochar House Hotel488 viewsOriginally the ancestral seat of the Clan McFarlane, the hotel was founded in 1697. Originally Inverioch House, it became Arrochar House, then the Arrochar House Hotel which it was when this photo was taken. By 1950 it was owned and being run as a temperance hotel by Mrs Annie McLeod. In the 1970s Bobby Campbell from Alexandria bought it and changed the name to the Cobbler Hotel. In the 1980s Pam and Maurice Root-Reid bought the hotel from Mr Campbell, and they built a large extension to the right. In 2004 Wallace Arnold/Sheerings bought the hotel and changed the name to Claymore Hotel.
1999-Victoria-Inf-w.jpg
Victoria Infirmary garden487 viewsThis garden in front of the Victoria Infirmary and beside new build premises was sponsored by Helensburgh Toyota. 1999 photo by Kenneth Crawford.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 176