Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
Luss-boat-houses-2-w.jpg
Houseboats at Luss835 viewsHouseboats moored opposite Aldochlay, near Luss, on Loch Lomond. Opposite is Swan Island. Image date unknown.
Silver_Bay_Kilcreggan.jpg
Silver Bay834 viewsA 1929 view of Silver Bay, Kilcreggan, looking east.
Comet_Centenary_postcard.jpg
Centenary postcard834 viewsA postcard issued to mark the 100th anniversary of Henry Bell's Comet in 1912.
Park-Church-w.jpg
Park Church834 viewsOriginally built for the Free Church at the corner of Charlotte Street and East King Street, this building opened in 1863. By about 2010 it faced the problems of attracting a new minister and maintaining its building, both in the face of a dwindling congregation. Consequently it closed its doors to worship in 2015, but the following year the building became the Buddhist Meditation Centre of Scotland. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Whistlefield-looking-south-w.jpg
Whistlefield833 viewsA 1909 view of Whistlefield looking towards the Gareloch.
Kilmahew-Castle-w.jpg
Kilmahew Castle832 viewsKilmahew Castle at Cardross was built on land granted to the Napier family by Malcolm, the Earl of Lennox, around 1290. The castle, originally a four-storey 16th century tower house, was built in the 16th century by the Napiers, who owned it until 1820. The estate had to be sold to pay off the last Laird's gambling debts.The ruins were acquired by the Archdiocese of Glasgow, with the surrounding estate, in 1948, and the now derelict St Peter's Priests Training College was built nearby. Image c.1906.
Steamboat_at_Dumbarton.jpg
Steamboat830 viewsA steamboat of the Comet era — possibly the Comet itself — is seen on the Clyde near Dumbarton Rock in this old sketch.
Comet-engine-w.jpg
First engine830 viewsThe engine of the first Comet, with the builder, John Wood.
Robertson-engraving.jpg
Engraving828 viewsThe engraving on the monument to John Robertson at Neilston, Renfrewshire, reads: Born in Neilston, 10th December 1782, the designer and erector of the engine of the Comet, which was launched in the year 1812 and was the first steamboat that regularly traded in Europe. Erected by parishioners and friend, 24th August, 1912. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Robertson-Comet_engine.jpg
Engraving827 viewsThe engraving of the Comet engine on the monument to engine builder John Robertson at Neilston, Renfrewshire. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Tarbet_from_golf_course.jpg
Tarbet Hotel825 viewsAn unusual view of Tarbet Hotel, taken from what was then Tarbet golf course, with Loch Lomond beyond. Image circa 1920.
Dinghy-sailors-KS.jpg
Sailing to celebrate825 viewsYoung dinghy sailors took part in the bicentenary celebrations off Helensburgh pier on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Kenneth Speirs.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 160