| Most viewed |

Rosneath845 viewsAn old image of Stroul, Rosneath, supplied by Eleanor Evans. Image date unknown.
|
|

Patrol boat845 viewsHMS Pursuer, a patrol boat from the Clyde Naval Base at Faslane, led the nautical procession from Rhu Marina to Helensburgh pier for the bicentenary celebrations on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Kenneth Speirs.
|
|

CHORD project845 viewsARGYLL and Bute Council's Helensburgh's CHORD project, opened in 2015, involved over £7 million of investment in regenerating the town centre, making improvements to the town's public places, including wider pavements, better access to local shops, new parking bays, and new street furniture. This image by Gordon Fraser shows work in progress on laying the new pavement near the junction of West Clyde Street and William Street.
|
|

Meeting Mr Bell843 views'Mr Bell' with one of his descendents, Shona McNeil, at the bicentenary celebrations on Helensburgh pier on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by David Speed.
|
|

Choir trip843 viewsThe choir boys of Helensburgh's St Michael and All Angels Church on a trip to Kilcreggan in 1941. Back row: Mrs Baird, ?, the Rev Charles B.Baird, ?, Robert Neil; middle: Robert Livingstone, Robert Hailstones, Tom Paterson, Roy Mackenzie, Robert Wright, Thomas Neil (Robert's brother), Robert Weir Lees; front: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?. The photograph, taken by church organist James P.Whimster, was kindly supplied by Robert Hailstones.
|
|

1926 portrait842 viewsThis image of John Logie Baird forms the second page of the 1926 book 'Television: Seeing by Wireless', written by Alfred Dinsdale, A.M.I.R.E. A copy of the first edition of this book fetched over £10,000 at a Christies auction.
|
|

Launching replica842 viewsThis model of the 1962 Comet replica was made by Helensburgh and District Modellers Club, and a member is seen launching it beside the pier during the bicentenary celebrations in Helensburgh on Saturday August 4. The club subsequently donated the model to Helensburgh Heritage Trust for display in the Heritage Centre in Helensburgh Library in West King Street. Photo by Stewart Noble.
|
|

Silkie842 viewsThe steam boat Silkie, built and owned by G.F.Jorgensen, took part in the bicentenary nautical parade from Rhu Marina to Helensburgh pier on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Kenneth Speirs.
|
|

Ram's Head Bridge841 viewsThis 2012 photo by Donald Fullarton shows the Ram's Head Bridge in Glen Luss, built in 1777 by William Johns, seen in winter with little vegetation. It was also known as the Tupp Bridge. Glen Luss was one of the first of the Highland glens to be cleared after the defeat of the Jacobites in 1745, with the people forced off the land and replaced by the Linton breed of black-faced sheep.
|
|

Tribute in verse841 viewsFormer Commodore Clyde and Argyll and Bute Councillor Eric Thompson MBE, who read a poem he had composed for the occasion, with exhibition organiser Doris Gentles at the opening of the Henry Bell and the Comet exhibition in Helensburgh Library on Friday August 3 2012. The flower arrangement beside the bust of Henry Bell was by Judy Noble. Photo by Eleanor McKay.
|
|

Bunting at obelisk841 viewsBunting on the Henry Bell obelisk on Helensburgh's West Clyde Street to mark the bicentenary celebrations on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
|
|

Mr and Mrs Bell841 views'Mr and Mrs Henry Bell', who were from a Greenock drama group, were on board the paddle steamer Waverley for the Waverley Comet bicentenary cruise on Friday August 10 2012. They knew their history, and chatted to many of the passengers. Photo by Kenneth Crawford.
|
|
| 2190 files on 183 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
158 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|