Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
Garelochhead_Hotel_view~0.jpg
Garelochhead Hotel view923 viewsThe view looking north from outside Garelochhead Hotel. It was was demolished following a serious fire in the 1990s. Image circa 1906.
West-Princes-St-children-w.jpg
West Princes Street923 viewsChildren prepare to cross West Princes Street, Helensburgh, at John Street. Image circa 1916.
St-Michael_s-Church-w.jpg
St Michael's Church923 viewsThe interior of St Michael and All Angels Church in West Princes Street, Helensburgh. Image circa 1909.
Hel-Provost-chain-3-w.jpg
Provost's chain923 viewsThe medallion which hangs at the foot of the Helensburgh Provost's chain of office. It states Burgh of Helensburgh 1802, the year the town became a Burgh of Barony. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Loch-and-Ben-Lomond4762.jpg
Loch and Ben Lomond922 viewsA steamer on Loch Lomond, with Ben Lomond in the distance, circa 1912.
Baird_postcard33.jpg
Baird by Conroy921 viewsHelensburgh artist Stephen Conroy painted this portrait of TV inventor John Logie Baird. He was specially commissioned by the Scottish Post Office Board to paint six portraits for a postcard series to celebrate the contribution Scots have made to communication, in the year of 1989 when the first Edinburgh Festival of Science and Technology took 'communication' as its theme.
Cobbler_summit.jpg
Cobbler summit921 viewsA 1935 image of the summit of the Cobbler mountain near the head of Loch Long at Arrochar, also known as Ben Arthur. It is called the Cobbler because of its resemblance, from a distance, to a cobbler at work.
Cardross_old_church-1_14_05_11.jpg
Cardross Old Parish Church921 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. This image taken from the main road was supplied by Donald Fullarton.
Old-seafront-pic.jpg
Seafront921 viewsAn early image of Helensburgh seafront, looking from the pier to the east side of the town. As there is no bandstand, it must have been taken before 1906. Image kindly supplied by Robert Ryan.
Arrochar-Church-w.jpg
Arrochar Church921 viewsThe present Arrochar Parish Church was built in 1847, but it had fallen into such a bad state of repair that in 1998 it was declared to be too dangerous to enter. However the community worked tirelessly to change this situation, with the result that it was reopened for worship in the following year. The parish of Arrochar was established in 1659, but no church was built until 1773 and the ruins of this earlier church stand alongside the present church. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Rhu-from-bay.jpg
Rhu from Rosneath920 viewsA view of Rhu village from the other side of the Gareloch, published as a postcard by Winton, Stationer, of Rhu Post Office. Circa 1905.
Henry-Bell-obelisk-2-04_08_12.jpg
Bunting at obelisk920 viewsBunting hangs beside the Henry Bell obelisk on West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, to mark the bicentenary celebrations on Saturday August 4 2012. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
2190 files on 183 page(s) 144