| Most viewed - Places Burgh |

Busy seafront1244 viewsA sunny and busy day on Helensburgh seafront, probably in Edwardian times. Image date unknown.
|
|

Craigendoran Avenue1243 viewsA view of houses in Craigendoran Avenue with the railway line on the right. Image supplied by Gordon Fraser.
|
|

Outdoor pool1231 viewsHelensburgh's outdoor pool on a sunny summer day, with townsfolk and trippers on the beach beyond. The Granary Restaurant and the Old Parish Church are prominent. Image date unknown.
|
|

Highlandman's Road1228 viewsLooking down the Highlandman's Road towards Helensburgh, circa 1910.
|
|

Craigendoran1225 viewsCraigendoran Avenue, Helensburgh, with its row of townhouses leading down to the Clyde. Image date unknown.
|
|

Helensburgh Pier1224 viewsAn atmospheric evening image of Helensburgh Pier. Image date unknown.
|
|

Helensburgh Pier1221 viewsWalkers are out in force in this old image of Helensburgh Pier and the outdoor swimming pool. It also clearly shows the archway which used to stand at the entrance to the pier. Image date unknown.
|
|

Seafront paddling1219 viewsPaddling at what in times gone by was known as The Sands, Helensburgh. Image date unknown.
|
|

Hermitage Park War Memorial1218 viewsThe Cenotaph in the Garden of Remembrance in Hermitage Park, Helensburgh, designed and built in 1923 by noted architect Alexander Nisbet Paterson and inspired by 'Glasgow Boy' artist James Whitelaw Hamilton, who encouraged Paterson to enter the design competition and suggested that the old walled garden of the original Hermitage House be used.
|
|

East Bay1218 viewsChildren paddle in the Clyde in this old photograph of Helensburgh's East Bay, with the Queen's Hotel in the distance. Image date unknown.
|
|

Old Luss Road1217 viewsA 1909 Helensburgh image captioned: "The silent snow possess'd the Old Luss Road".
|
|

Municipal Buildings1213 viewsThe Municipal Buildings at the junction of East Princes Street and Sinclair Street. They were built in Scots Baronial style in in 1878 by John Honeyman at a cost of £6,000, replacing an old theatre which had also served as the Town Hall. In 1906 A.N.Paterson added the Sinclair Street extension in a more restrained Scottish style to house the Police Station and Fire Station. Image circa 1914.
|
|
| 325 files on 28 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
20 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|