Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places Burgh

Most viewed - Places Burgh
1970-Aerial-view-11.jpg
Town centre aerial view2115 viewsThis picture of the central part of Helensburgh is circa 1970.
Helensburgh-from-above_156.jpg
Helensburgh from above2092 viewsA colour version of a well known view of Helensburgh from above the Highlandman's road, with two steamers heading for Craigendoran pier, circa 1939.
oldgrannery.jpg
Old Granary2083 viewsIn this image circa 1890 is the Old Parish Church with the old Granary in front. Where the children are playing is now a car park.
2022_-_first_indoor_pool_being_demolished~0.jpg
New Era for swimmers2034 viewsThe town's first indoor swimming pool being demolished in September 2022, following the opening of the new indoor swimming pool a few days earlier. The pool had been opened in 1977 Provost Billy Petrie. Photo by Stewart Noble
Camis_Eskan_garden-3.jpg
Camis Eskan Greenhouse2028 viewsThe greenhouse in the gardens of Camis Eskan during the Second World War. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
1970-Aerial-view-22.jpg
View from above2008 viewsAn aerial view of central Helensburgh, circa 1970.
William-St-shelter044.jpg
The William Street shelter2007 viewsLooking east along West Clyde Street, with the now demolished William Street shelter on the right and two horse-drawn carriages on the road. Image circa 1915.
Esplanade_19704.jpg
Pony Rides2005 viewsFun on Helensburgh beach at the pierhead in 1970.
Ardencaple_Castle_derelict1.jpg
Ardencaple Castle derelict1970 viewsThe last private resident, Mrs H.MacAulay-Stromberg, bought the castle from Sir Iain Colquhoun in 1923 and at last the castle returned to MacAulay ownership. Under her care the castle and grounds were brought back into good order. She died in 1931, and it faced a long period of neglect. During the Second World War it was used by the Admiralty as Naval Married Quarters, and it was demolished in 1957 to make room for a naval housing estate. Image by courtesy of the Clan MacAulay Association, date unknown.
Helensburgh-from-pier-w.jpg
Burgh from pier1955 viewsA 1959 image looking down the pier towards the town centre.
1930s-seafront-scene-w.jpg
Seafront sunshine1920 viewsThis August 1933 photo taken on Helensburgh seafront shows Mary Hickey in black and Margaret Hickey in a frock, with their nephew Bobby Nimlo. All three are now deceased. The identity of the boy in the shade is not known. Image supplied by John Booth, son of Margie Hickey.
Old_Hel_pic.jpg
Helensburgh from the air1919 viewsThe town centre area, believed to have been taken about 1920.
325 files on 28 page(s) 2