Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places Burgh

Most viewed - Places Burgh
Seafront576.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront1102 viewsA view of Helensburgh from the east seafront, circa 1920.
West_Esplanade_1909.jpg
West Esplanade1101 viewsThe boats for hire are waiting in this 1909 view of the West Esplanade from the pier head.
Sinclair_Street_lower.jpg
Sinclair Street1101 viewsLooking north up Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, from the Princes Street junction. Image circa 1943.
Drumfork-Ferry-House.jpg
Drumfork Ferry House1100 viewsA very old image of the long demolished Drumfork Ferry House, which was to the east of what is now Craigendoran Station. Sheep and cattle were brought to it over the Old Luss Road, then ferried to Greenock.
Colquhoun-Square-w.jpg
Colquhoun Square1099 viewsThe pink granite Centenary Cross, donated in 1902 by Sir James Colquhoun of Luss to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter, in its original position in the centre of Colquhoun Square. It was moved to the north west quadrant as it had become a traffic hazard. Image date unknown.
Rosneath-Point129.jpg
Rosneath Point1097 viewsLooking from above Rhu over the Gareloch to Rosneath Point and the Firth of Clyde beyond. Image date unknown.
Putting_green.jpg
Seafront putting green1096 viewsSpectators stop to watch keen competition on the Helensburgh seafront putting green, beside West Clyde Street, in the 1950s.
Victoria_Hall.jpg
Victoria Hall1095 viewsThe Victoria Hall in Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, with its original metal railings in front which were removed during World War Two to help the war effort. They were replaced to mark the burgh's bicentenary in 2002 after an initiative by the Friends of the Victoria Hall. The building itself was funded by public subscription in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, and was altered and added to by A.N.Paterson in 1899.
Packed_seafront.jpg
Busy seafront1095 viewsA sunny and busy day on Helensburgh seafront, probably in Edwardian times. Image date unknown.
Hermitage_Park_two_bridges.jpg
Two rustric bridges1094 viewsTwo bridges at the south end of Hermitage Park, with Hermitage School over the wall, and Malig (or Millig) Mill beyond the second bridge. Image by courtesy of Helensburgh Library; date unknown.
Kidston_bandstand008.jpg
Kidston Park bandstand1087 viewsThe now demolished bandstand at Kidston Park. Bought from the Duke of Argyll in 1877 for £650 by William Kidston with help from Sir James Colquhoun and others, it was formerly Cairndhu Point — known locally as Neddy's Point after a well known fisherman and ferryman who lived nearby — but was renamed Kidston Park from 1889 when Mr Kidston left money to support its maintenance and requested the change. The bandstand was used by the boys bands from the Training Ships Cumberland and Empress. Image circa 1925.
Pool_and_seafront.jpg
Outdoor pool1084 viewsHelensburgh's outdoor pool on a sunny summer day, with townsfolk and trippers on the beach beyond. The Granary Restaurant and the Old Parish Church are prominent. Image date unknown.
325 files on 28 page(s) 19