| Most viewed - Places Burgh |

Camis Eskan greenhouse1136 viewsThe large greenhouse at Camis Eskan, on the east side of Helensburgh. The man is possibly Jimmy Orr and the picture may have been taken by his son-in-law George Truman, who was chauffeur to the Dennistouns who owned the mansion when he married Agnes (Cissie) Orr in 1924. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Alistair Quinlan — Agnes was his great aunt.
|
|

View from pier1136 viewsA view from Helensburgh pier looking north to the outdoor swimming pool, the bandstand, and the Granary which was then a Wolseley garage. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Jim Chestnut.
|
|

West Esplanade1133 viewsA pre-World War Two view of Helensburgh's West Esplanade looking towards the east from near the foot of James Street.
|
|

The putting green1131 viewsPlay on Helensburgh's West Clyde Street putting green, while a bus waits at the pierhead. Image circa 1952.
|
|

Centenary Monument1131 viewsLooking west from Colquhoun Square along West Princes Street before the Centenary Monument was moved from the centre of the square to the north west quadrant. Provost Sam Bryden, who owned Macneur & Bryden's newsagent and gift shop in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, was the man responsible for the erection of the monument. Image circa 1908.
|
|

Paddling pool1131 viewsAnother image of children playing in the now removed paddling pool on Helensburgh's West Esplanade. Image circa 1951.
|
|

Colquhoun Street1129 viewsLooking north up Colquhoun Street from above Argyle Street when the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. This 20th century image was published by Macneur and Bryden Ltd. of East Princes Street, publishers of the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times. Image date unknown.
|
|

Sinclair Street1128 viewsLooking down Sinclair Street to the Old Parish Church tower on the seafront from the Princes Street junction, circa 1910. Shops visible include Campbell's Saleroom, R. & J.Dick, Paterson's, and W.G.Christie.
|
|

Steamer approaches1127 viewsA steamer approaches Helensburgh pier, image circa 1928. The following year the outdoor swimming pool was built beside the pier. The image also shows the waiting room and ticket office building on the end of the pier, and on the left, part of the bandstand beside West Clyde Street.
|
|

Sinclair Street1125 viewsLooking south down Sinclair Street from Helensburgh Upper Station, circa 1907.
|
|

West Clyde Street and bandstand1125 viewsA 1902 view of West Clyde Street, looking east from Colquhoun Street, with the bandstand on the right and the Granary beyond.
|
|

Seafront shows1125 viewsShows on Helensburgh seafront between the bandstand and the Granary on a summer day as youngsters paddle in the Clyde. Image circa 1906.
|
|
| 325 files on 28 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
17 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|