| Most viewed - Places Burgh |

The Post Office1335 viewsLooking across Colquhoun Square from the north east quadrant — which has a palm tree in its flowerbed — towards the Post Office. Image circa 1970.
|
|

Aerial view1334 viewsA 1930s aerial view of the west side of the town centre from Sinclair Street to John Street.
|
|

West Esplanade1334 viewsHelensburgh's west esplanade and putting green packed with people on what looks like not too warm a day. Image date unknown.
|
|

Colquhoun Square1332 viewsA view across Colquhoun Square from the south east quadrant, with a young girl on the left, two men sitting on the roof of the building behind the Post Office, and a worker up a ladder cleaning a window of the Post Office building. Image date unknown.
|
|

Colquhoun Square1332 viewsColquhoun Square pictured on Friday May 7 1971, with a Garelochhead Coach Services green double decker bus top right.
|
|

Rowing boat at pier1332 viewsOne of the many rowing boats which used to be kept at Helensburgh comes ashore on the seaweed-covered beach just beside the pier. Image circa 1910.
|
|

The Old Luss Road1320 viewsThe old road leading from Helensburgh over the Blackhill to Luss and Loch Lomond. This lithographic duotone view was produced in 1923 for inclusion in Walter Hutchinson's 'Beautiful Britain' series of topographical studies of the British Isles.
|
|

Burgh from Rosneath1314 viewsAn old view of Helensburgh from Rosneath, published by E.Eakin, Rosneath Post Office. Image date unknown.
|
|

West Clyde Street1312 viewsTaken at the junction of James Street. Date unknown.
|
|

East Bay1312 viewsHelensburgh's East Bay esplanade in days gone by. Image date unknown.
|
|

Park flowers1311 viewsFlowers in Hermitage Park, with part of Hermitage House and the war memorial in the distance. Image date unknown.
|
|

Conservative Club1310 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
|
|
| 325 files on 28 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
10 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|