Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Last additions - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
West-Princes-St-children-w.jpg
West Princes Street923 viewsChildren prepare to cross West Princes Street, Helensburgh, at John Street. Image circa 1916.Jul 02, 2015
1965-Royal-visit-w.jpg
1965 Royal visit1554 viewsThe Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are pictured in Helensburgh Central Station admiring a model of the first 'Blue Train' which was a gift for Prince Andrew. The Blue Trains were introduced into service on the Helensburgh-Glasgow line in 1960. The 15 minute visit was on Monday June 28 1965 when the royal couple were on their way to open new County Council offices at Garshake in Dumbarton, and the royal couple arrived at and left Clydebank on the royal yacht Britannia. Behind them are Provost J.McLeod (Cloudy) Williamson and the Lord Lieutenant of Dunbartonshire, Admiral Sir Angus Cunninghame Graham.Jul 02, 2015
Colquouh-Squ-from-south-w.jpg
Colquhoun Square962 viewsA 1926 image of Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square, looking north east from the south west quadrant where the water fountain was situated for some years.Jul 02, 2015
Deborah-Kerr-on-beach-w.jpg
On the beach994 viewsHelensburgh's Deborah Kerr enjoys some free time on the beach while on location in California for MGM's 'Tea and Sympathy'. Image date 1955.Jul 02, 2015
Hel-Golf-Club-1st-tee-w.jpg
Teeing off1110 viewsA lady and the caddie watch as a player drives from the first tee at Helensburgh Golf Club. Image circa 1930.Jul 02, 2015
Mansion-1909-w.jpg
Name wanted1444 viewsAn upper Helensburgh mansion in 1909 — but which one? Redtowers? Drumadoon/Morar Lodge?Jul 02, 2015
Christian-Science-church-w.jpg
Church sold961 viewsHelensburgh's Church of Christ, Scientist, in West Princes Street, was designed in 1956 by Margaret Brodie. The First Church of Christ, Scientist had its beginnings in Helensburgh in 1910, and a plot of ground at 138-144 West Princes Street was bought in 1946; ten years later a church was built there. By 2015 the building was closed and for sale, and it was bought by a firm of architects who announced two2 years later that they would convert it into flats. 2015 image by Stewart Noble.Apr 15, 2015
Great-Grandpa-James-Colquhoun-w.jpg
James Colquhoun1049 viewsA cdv image of James Colquhoun (1841-1910) who farmed at Auchensail Farm, Cardross. It is thought that it may have been taken by a Glasgow photographer in the late 1860s. Image supplied by his great grand-daughter, Cathy Shearer.Mar 30, 2015
1901_obstacle_race.jpg
Obstacle race1167 viewsAn obstacle race in Helensburgh on August 15 1901, obviously part of a well attended event.Mar 24, 2015
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w~0.jpg
John McAdam1003 viewsJohn McAdam of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is pictured with his Clydesdale horse. Image, date unknown, supplied by his daughter Cathy Shearer.Mar 24, 2015
Laid-up-Gareloch-ships-w.jpg
Laid up ships982 viewsMerchant shipping laid up in the Gareloch during the depression. Image circa 1929.Mar 24, 2015
Upper_Sinclair_Street.jpg
Upper Sinclair Street964 viewsA sunlit evening view of Upper Sinclair Street, Helensburgh. Image circa 1950.Mar 24, 2015
2190 files on 183 page(s) 43