Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places Burgh

Relaxing762 viewsThe sun is shining on Helensburgh's west esplanade in this picture from the past. A now demolished shelter is on the left, and on the other side of West Clyde Street is John Street. Eman's Shop, the home of Helensburgh toffee, can be seen. Image date unknown.
Seafront shelter102 viewsThe William Street shelter on the West Esplanade, Helensburgh. It was one of several seafront shelters which fell into disrepair and were demolished towards the end of the century. Image circa 1910.
Seafront shows951 viewsShows on Helensburgh seafront between the bandstand and the Granary on a summer day as youngsters paddle in the Clyde. Image circa 1906.
Stormy waters237 viewsA 1904 image of a seafront storm seen from the balcony of the then Queen's Hotel.
Seafront storm802 viewsLooking east towards the pier on a stormy day, circa 1907.
Weighing machine253 viewsA weighing machine on Helensburgh's West Promenade at William Street. 1951 image supplied by Meg Carroll, seen with her cousin Brian Williams.
Helensburgh Seafront1405 viewsChildren playing on the seafront. Taken from the pier c.1890.
Lower Sinclair Street765 viewsA view of Sinclair Street from Clyde Street, with old cars parked outside the shops. Image circa 1920.
Sinclair Street959 viewsLooking south down Sinclair Street from Helensburgh Upper Station, circa 1907.
Sinclair Street looking south959 viewsLooking down Sinclair Street with the Victoria Hall on the left and St Columba Church further down on the right. Image circa 1905.
Sinclair Street1062 viewsSinclair Street and the Municipal Buildings at the Princes Street junction. Image circa 1903.
Sinclair Street943 viewsThis picture of the foot of Sinclair Street in 1901 was republished as a postcard by Dumbarton District Libraries. On the right is the entrance to Waldie's Garage and Stabling, and beyond W.G.Christie's grocers shop.
325 files on 28 page(s) 23