Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Old Postcards

Most viewed - Old Postcards
donkeys.jpg
Donkey Rides1504 viewsUndated, but possibly the 1960s. Can anyone provide a date?
This image is watermarked.
rockgarden~0.jpg
Remains of Malig Mill1204 viewsAround 1922 the mill was demolished. Some remains were kept and a rock garden was created.
This image is watermarked.
clydest_williamst.jpg
West Clyde Street, William Street1192 viewsThe junction of William Street and West Clyde Street.
This image is watermarked.
rusticbridge.jpg
Rustic Bridge1142 viewsThe rustic bridge was in Hermitage Park. If you could see through the trees you would see the Victoria Halls. Hermitage Primary School is off to the left. Date unknown.
hydro_diningroom.jpg
Dining Room869 viewsPart of the dining room at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
Hydro_golfcourse.jpg
Golf Course at Shandon858 viewsThe nine-hole golf course was attached to Shandon Hydropathic Hotel, the former home of Clyde shipbuilder Robert Napier.
Hydro_fishingpond.jpg
Shandon Fishing Pond840 viewsThis fishing pond was attached to Shandon Hydropathic Hotel, the former home of Clyde shipbuilder Robert Napier.
eaglehotel.jpg
The Eagle Hotel808 viewsThe Eagle Temperance Hotel was next to MacGillvary's on West Clyde Street. This card is post-dated 1913.
helensburgh.jpg
Helensburgh on Clyde 1883807 viewsFrom an original painting by Henry B.Wimbush.
Helensburgh_1903.jpeg
Helensburgh Public Hall and School 1903802 viewsA photograph from the top of the St Columba Church tower, looking up Sinclair Street, published as a postcard by J.Valentine & Co. of Dundee. It shows the chimney of the Malig (or Millig) Mill.
This postcard is part of, and is reproduced by kind permission of, the University of St Andrews Library Special Collection.
hydro_1stlounge.jpg
Lounge790 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
hydro_2ndlounge.jpg
Lounge772 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
55 files on 5 page(s) 1