Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Sport

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Craighelen_Sherry0625.jpg
Sherry at Craighelen1013 viewsCraighelen Tennis Club members enjoy a sherry party in February 1968. Among those in the picture are the late Ian Drummond and the late Jimmy Miller, together with Mrs Mary Pat Smith and Mrs Muriel Borland.
Dominoes_1930s_3.jpg
No Chaps!990 viewsFive lady swimmers play dominoes in Helensburgh Outdoor Pool in the 1930s.
Early_days_sepia_17.jpg
Tennis in 1913928 viewsPlayers on the grass courts at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club in Suffolk Street in 1913
football_team6.jpg
Unknown Football Team1262 viewsThe venue might be Ardenconnel Park, Rhu, but neither the team nor the date are known.
Gareloch-BA-19654001~0.jpg
Bowling presidents943 viewsPresident of the Helensburgh and district member clubs at the Gareloch Bowling Association dinner in February 1965. In the middle of the front row is Alex Douglas, the last headmaster of Clyde Street School, and on the right is Willie Cowe, the janitor at the school.
Garelochhead-Tennis-Club4022~1.jpg
Garelochhead Tennis Club968 viewsMembers of Garelochhead Tennis Club are pictured at their annual dinner-dance in Helensburgh's Queen's Hotel in November 1960.
Golf-Club-w.jpg
Second clubhouse776 viewsHelensburgh Golf Club's 'Tin Hut' clubhouse in its second position. The original clubhouse was built in 1894 just to the west of the Old Luss Road, but it was upgraded and moved in 1900 close to the West Highland Railway Line at East Abercromby Street. In 1909 it was acquired by Vale of Leven Golf Club and in that year the present clubhouse was opened.
Golf-course008.jpg
Course with a view846 viewsThis old picture shows the outstanding view over the Clyde and the Gareloch from the final holes of Helensburgh Golf Club. Image date unknown.
Golf_Club4.jpg
Helensburgh Golf Club819 viewsThe golf club was formed in 1893, and this image of the clubhouse is circa 1910. At that time the subscription for ordinary members was £1 11s 6d, and for lady and junior members 16 shillings. The 18-hole course was described as “of singular excellence” and this clubhouse as “one of the best equipped in Scotland. Tom Turnbull was the professional from 1895 for 50 years.
Golf_House,_Helensburgh.jpg
The Golf House766 viewsThe original Helensburgh Golf Club clubhouse, known as the 'Tin Hut', was built in 1894 just to the west of the Old Luss Road. It was upgraded and relocated in 1900 to close to East Abercromby Street.
Golf_pro_50th2.jpg
Pro for 50 Years932 viewsA party at Helensburgh Golf Club in 1945 to celebrate Tom Turnbull retiring after completing 50 years as the club professional. From left, back: Messrs McCulloch, Aitkenhead, Easton, Keir, Davidson; third row: Messrs McAuley, Clements, Herbeson, Spy; second row: Messrs Michie, McAuslan, Jack, Douglas; front: Messrs Colville, Rafferty, Workman, Downs, Fairbairn with Tom Turnbull in the centre. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
Gun-Club-19694872.jpg
Gun Club meets876 viewsMembers of Dunbartonshire Gun Club gather at Geilston Farm, Cardross, on October 10 1969.
137 files on 12 page(s) 4