Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Religion

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
West-Free-Church-porch-1892-w1.jpg
1892 Leiper Porch533 viewsA ceremony taking place during the construction of the William Leiper Porch at the West Free Church (now Helensburgh Parish Church) in mid-1982. The porch was built as a memorial to the Rev Alexander Anderson, minister of the church, who died in 1891. On the platform are two choirs and church dignitaries, and a large crowd are watching. On a ladder can be seen the name of local painting and decorating firm J.W.McCulloch who were in business in Colquhoun Square until a few years ago. Image by kind permission of Helensburgh Parish Church.
St-peter_s-cardross-2009-2.jpg
2009 St Peter's20 viewsThe interior of the derelict St Peter's Seminary at Cardross — now the centre of a restoration project — pictured in 2009 by Stewart Noble.
St-peter_s-cardross-2009-1.jpg
2009 St Peter's24 viewsThe exterior of the derelict St Peter's Seminary at Cardross — now the centre of a restoration project — pictured in 2009 by Stewart Noble.
Arrochar-Church-w.jpg
Arrochar Church12 viewsPhoto by Professor John Hume.
Ballyhennan-w.jpg
Ballyhennan Church10 viewsBallyhennan Church at Tarbet is now a restaurant and shop. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Baptist-Church-w.jpg
Baptist Church12 viewsHelensburgh Baptist Church in East King Street. Photo by Professor John Hume.
Baptist_Cruise0761.jpg
Baptist Cruise534 viewsThe Rev Russell Davidson (3rd from left), minister of Helensburgh Baptist Church, and members of the Baptist Association on a cruise on Loch Lomond aboard the Maid of the Loch. Date unknown.
Baptist-Boys-Guild3851.jpg
Baptist outing500 viewsSlightly damaged image of a Helensburgh Baptist Church Boys Guild group leaving for a week's camp at Aberfoyle. Image date unknown.
Cardross_old_church-2_14_05_11.jpg
Cardross Old Parish Church511 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. This image taken from the rear was supplied by Donald Fullarton.
Cardross_old_church-1_14_05_11.jpg
Cardross Old Parish Church525 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. This image taken from the main road was supplied by Donald Fullarton.
Cardross-Parish-Church-w.jpg
Cardross Old Parish Church370 viewsThe church, the second on the site, was built in 1826 to designs by Greenock architect George Dempster. It was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers over the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower and walls were made safe in 1954 as a memorial, with the interior raised as a lawn, and the tower was restored in 1999. The graveyard contains monuments from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries.
Cardross_old_church-3_14_05_11.jpg
Carved heads516 viewsTwo carved heads are seen at the bricked-up doorway of the tower of Cardross Old Parish Church, which was destroyed by incendiary bombs dropped by German bombers on the night of May 5-6 1941. The tower was restored in the summer of 1999. Any information about the carved heads would be welcome. Image supplied by Donald Fullarton.
81 files on 7 page(s) 1