Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Shandon_Hydro_colour.jpg
Shandon Hydro346 viewsThe Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. Image date unknown.
Sowing-corn-1906-Loch-Lomond-w.jpg
Sowing corn475 viewsTwo farm workers prepare to sow corn on the hillside above Loch Lomond. Image circa 1906.
Spy_s-Coalyard~0.jpg
Spy's Coalyard844 viewsA. & R.Spy, coal merchants and colliery agents, had a coalyard at 23-25 Sinclair Street — in the middle of the block between Clyde and Princes Streets — until 1964 when the business was sold to D. & G.Allan Ltd. of Glasgow. It was then acquired by William Low Ltd. who built the town's first supermarket on the site and opened it in 1966. The firm also had premises at 110 West Princes Street and a wholesale depot at Helensburgh Central Station. In the picture, supplied by Pat Drayton, are Robin and Jack Spy.
St-Helens-Hotel6.jpg
St Helens Hotel711 viewsThe St Helens Hotel at Kilcreggan. Image date unknown.
St-Helen_s-Hotel,-Kilcreggan-w.jpg
St Helen's Hotel, Kilcreggan475 viewsA late 1940s image of St Helen's Hotel, Kilcreggan, which now trades as the Kilcreggan Hotel. The ornate conservatory to the left has been replaced with an extension.
Station_Hotel1058.jpg
Reynolds Station Hotel784 viewsThe Station Hotel on Craigendoran Avenue, Helensburgh. Date unknown. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove.
Steam-Laundry-staff-w.jpg
Helensburgh Steam Laundry630 viewsStaff of Helensburgh Steam Laundry pose outside the front door at 55 East King Street. Third from the right is Peter Graham, and more names would be welcomed. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Jim Graham (www.graham-clan.co.uk), nephew of Peter.
Steam-laundry-w.jpg
Laundry staff545 viewsManagers and staff of the Helensburgh Steam Laundry Company in East King Street in the early 1920s. Nos 5 and 6 in the back row from left are Bessie — known to all as Lizzie — and Flora McDonald. The man on the left is Mr Glover. In the front row the second from the left is Jeanie Donnachie, and the fourth from left is Agnes Aird (nee Graham). Image supplied by Lizzie and Flora's niece, Mrs Betty Stewart.
Steam_Laundry_staff.jpg
Steam Laundry staff631 viewsThis 1920s picture shows the staff of Helensburgh Steam Laundry in East King Street. Back row:Harry Harper, Mary Muir, Jess Muir, Stella Thomson. Front row: J.Blaney, - , Peter Graham. Third from right: Johnny Waddell, uncle of Muir sisters. John Muir, bought the laundry around 1923. Please email any other names to the Trust website editor. Image supplied by Jim Graham, www.graham-clan.co.uk
tarbethotel.jpg
Tarbet Hotel744 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since. Loch Lomond and the road to Crianlarich is to the right, the road to Arrochar to the left.
Tarbet_Hotel-2.jpg
Tarbet Hotel669 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel on Loch Lomondside was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since. Image date unknown.
Tarbet_Hotel.jpg
Tarbet Hotel716 viewsErected about 1810, the Tarbet Hotel was built in true Scottish baronial style with fine features both inside and out, and has been a mecca for visitors ever since.
101 files on 9 page(s) 8