Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Finnart_Christmas_1955.jpg
Christmas at BP Finnart686 viewsA children's Christmas party at the BP Ocean Terminal at Finnart, Loch Long, circa 1954. Image supplied by Alastair McIntyre.
Garelochhead_Hotel.jpg
Garelochhead Hotel724 viewsGarelochhead Hotel which was demolished following a serious fire in the 1990s. Image circa 1940.
Ginger_beer6.jpg
Helensburgh Ginger Beer768 viewsOld bottles used by Comrie & Co. who prepared High Class Waters and Old Scotch Brewed Ginger Beer at their Fairy Springs factory in James Street. Later it belonged to Garvie, who closed it in 1957.
Glen-Fruin-horses-1910-w.jpg
Heavy horses335 viewsHeavy horses pictured in Glen Fruin on a sunny evening in 1910. Image supplied by Alistair McIntyre.
Glen_Luss_bridge-52.jpg
The Ram's Head Bridge1161 viewsThis photo by Donald Fullarton shows the Ram's Head Bridge in Glen Luss, built in 1777 by William Johns, seen in winter with little vegetation. It was also known as the Tupp Bridge. Glen Luss was one of the first of the Highland glens to be cleared after the defeat of the Jacobites in 1745, with the people forced off the land and replaced by the Linton breed of black-faced sheep.
Great-Grandpa-James-Colquhoun-w.jpg
James Colquhoun498 viewsA cdv image of James Colquhoun (1841-1910) who farmed at Auchensail Farm, Cardross. It is thought that it may have been taken by a Glasgow photographer in the late 1860s. Image supplied by his great grand-daughter, Cathy Shearer.
Harvesting-w.jpg
Harvesting626 viewsHarvesting a crop on the hillside above Helensburgh, with the Rosneath Peninsula in the distance. Image date unknown.
HA_radio_interview1342.jpg
Telling the story644 viewsHelensburgh Advertiser proprietor Craig M.Jeffrey is interviewed for radio by the Rev Murdoch McPherson in the East King Street editorial department, watched by staff members Gordon Terris, Bill Heaney, Angela Sandeman and Jimmy Allan. Possibly in the early 1970s.
Inverarnan_Hotel.jpg
Inverarnan Hotel605 viewsAn unusual view from the south east of the historic Drovers Inn, also known as Inverarnan Hotel, at Ardlui, which was established in 1705. Image circa 1965.
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w.jpg
Harvest time510 viewsFarmer John McAdam, of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is seen harvesting a field at Cross Key Brae. Image, circa 1950, supplied by his daughter, Cathy Shearer.
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w~0.jpg
John McAdam472 viewsJohn McAdam of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is pictured with his Clydesdale horse. Image, date unknown, supplied by his daughter Cathy Shearer.
Kilcreggan_spade15.jpg
Waterworks Project712 viewsThe cutting of the first sod of the Cove and Kilcreggan Waterworks, an £8,700 scheme aimed at meeting the needs of the ever growing summer population of the peninsula burgh, on November 22 1881. The spade used, which was presented to Provost Clark by the contractors, is on display in Cove Burgh Hall.

101 files on 9 page(s) 4