Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Queen_s-Hotel-w.jpg
Queen's Hotel1 viewsThe Queen's Hotel on Helensburgh eastern seafront was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Codona-shows-1-w.jpg
Shows lease ended21 viewsAn Argyll and Bute Council report has recommended that the lease granted to Codona’s Amusements for its site next to Helensburgh pier should not be renewed when it expires in November because of the project for a multi-million pound 'centrepiece' development for the town on the waterfront. The shows have been operated by the family firm in summer for several decades. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Codona-shows-2-w.jpg
Shows no more18 viewsAn Argyll and Bute Council report has recommended that the lease granted to Codona’s Amusements for its site next to Helensburgh pier should not be renewed when it expires in November because of the project for a multi-million pound 'centrepiece' development for the town on the waterfront. The shows have been operated by the family firm in summer for several decades. Photo by Stewart Noble.
CMJ-Staff-w.jpg
Editorial conference157 viewsHelensburgh Advertiser editor Donald Fullarton, sports editor Tony McGinley (who used the pen name Gare Clyde), and Advertiser founder and proprietor Craig M.Jeffrey beside the 'stone' where the hot metal pages were prepared at the East King Street printworks. Image c.1970.
Faslane_Farm_House.jpg
Faslane House201 viewsFaslane House was the farm house for Faslane Farm. The house was demolished with the building of Military Port no.1 in 1941-42. Image supplied by Alistair McIntyre.
Muirholm-Hotel-w.jpg
Muirholm314 viewsThe now closed Muirholm Hotel in Cardross, which was originally a private home. It has been lying empty for several years, and the Co-op has received planning permission to turn it into a 2,000 sq ft foodstore. The plans show that the conservatory at the front will disappear and the principal part of the foodstore will be to the back of the two-storey building in a new extension at the rear. Photo by Stewart Noble.
Loch-Sloy-pipes-w.jpg
Loch Sloy pipeline282 viewsThe pipeline from Loch Sloy down the hillside to the Loch Sloy Hydro-Electric Station at Inveruglas on the west bank of Loch Lomond. Work on the scheme started in May 1945, using German prisoners of war, and it was opened by HM The Queen on October 18 1950. Twenty one lives were lost during its construction. Photo supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Rosneath-Farm-w.jpg
Rosneath Farm312 viewsRosneath Home Farm, built in 1801 to the design of Alexander Naysmith, served Rosneath Castle, the original home of the Campbell's. It is now on Scotland's Buildings At Risk Register. Image circa 1910.
01a-w.jpg
Ploughing329 viewsCharles McInnes, ploughman at Torr Farm, Rhu, is seen ploughing in front of Aros, Rhu. Image supplied by Marlyn Ritchie, his great grand-daughter.
04a-w.jpg
Painters lorry328 viewsDavid Wilson is pictured with the McCulloch painters and decorators lorry at 29 Colquhoun Square, Helensburgh, circa 1930. Mr Wilson died about 1945, and this image was supplied by his grand-daughter, Marlyn Ritchie.
05a-w.jpg
Inspection337 viewsA party of local dignitaries on a water reservoirs inspection, arrive at Inverbeg Hotel on Loch Lomondside in 1923. Image supplied by Marlyn Ritchie, whose grandfather David Wilson was the owner and driver of the Packard 15 horse power vehicle.
Telephone_exchange-1-w.jpg
Telephone Exchange staff351 viewsStaff at the Helensburgh telephone exchange pictured on the last day the exchange operated, October 3 1978. Among those pictured are Peggy McKenzie, Celia Friel, Brenda Copeland, Trixie Dodds and Lexie Caldwell. This image is copyright Helensburgh photographer Brian Averell, who kindly gave permission for it to be published on this website.
101 files on 9 page(s) 1