Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Transport — Railways

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Craigendoran-Upper11.jpg
Craigendoran Upper Station1139 viewsCraigendoran Upper Station, the start of the West Highland Line which opened in 1894. Like all the local upper stations, except Rhu, it was designed to look like a Swiss chalet. Image date unknown.
Craigendoran_Station.jpg
Craigendoran Station855 viewsLooking west toward Craigendoran Low Level Station. The tank engine Class C15 4-4-2T no.67474 is in the pier platform on the Craigendoran to Arrochar push-and-pull train. On the right is the High Level Station on the West Highland Line. Image by K.R.Pirt.
Craigendoran_Station~0.jpg
Craigendoran Station850 viewsAn old image showing passengers making their way from the Glasgow-Helensburgh train down the platform towards the steamers at the pier. Image supplied by Darrel Hendrie.
Craigendoran_train.jpg
Craigendoran train792 viewsThe 4.17 p.m. Glasgow Queen Street to Helensburgh train, drawn by Class V3 2-6-2 tank engine no.67626, is seen approaching Craigendoran Station on July 2 1955. Image by Ian S.Pearsall.
Diesel_Hel_Upper.jpg
Diesel at Helensburgh822 viewsThis class 27 diesel engine, no.27034, was pictured at Helensburgh Upper Station on April 9 1975.
Engine-67629.jpg
67629 at Helensburgh1031 viewsAn engine of the 84-ton V1 Class introduced in 1930, 67629, waits at Helensburgh Central. Photo reproduced by kind permission of the Duncan Chandler Collection, the copyright holder.
Engine-67679_18-02-17~0.jpg
V3 67679 at Helensburgh940 viewsThe 86-ton Gresley designed V3 engine 67679, from a class introduced in 1939, at Helensburgh Central Station before a journey to Bridgeton Cross in July 1954.
Engine_676313371.jpg
Helensburgh engine874 viewsV1 Engine no.67631, a Gresley design introduced in 1930 and weighing 84 tons, pictured at Helensburgh Central in November 1952.
Engine_Helensburgh.jpg
Engine 'Helensburgh'840 viewsThree of these 47-ton Drummond 4-4-0T locomotives were built in 1879 by Neilson & Co. No further D50s were built, and the last two were withdrawn in 1926. The D50s worked the trains between Glasgow and Helensburgh before being replaced by Reid C15 4-4-2T tank engines in 1913. They then moved to Dundee, Eastfield, and Parkhead. All three members of the D50 class were named — 494 Craigendoran, 495 Roseneath, 496 Helensburgh. Image supplied by Jim Chestnut; date unknown.
Garelochheaad-turntable12.jpg
Garelochhead turntable900 viewsThe engine turntable near Garelochhhead Station. Image date unknown.
Garelochhead-Station-w.jpg
Garelochhead Station288 viewsA view of Garelochhead Station on the West Highland Line. Image, date unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Garelochhead-Station13.jpg
Garelochhead Station863 viewsGarelochhead Station on the West Highland Line. Like all the local upper stations except Rhu, it was originally designed to look like a Swiss chalet. Image date unknown.
70 files on 6 page(s) 3