Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Transport — Railways

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
1943-Engine-in-Glen-Douglas1.jpg
676 viewsWar Department Reid N.B. 4-4-2T engine no.9135 pictured in Glen Douglas in 1943 on the 'Wee Arrochar' push-and-pull run between Craigendoran and Arrochar.
Helensburgh_engine.jpg
535 viewsThe North British Railway's D50 Class, 4-4-0T No. 496, Helensburgh, pictured in 1910. It was built for passenger services on the Glasgow-Helensburgh line by Neilson & Co in 1879.
67602-at-Helensburgh3.jpg
67602 at Helensburgh816 viewsThe steam locomotive 67602 is seen at the Helensburgh Shed beside the Central Station, where the Co-op Supermarket now stands. It is of the Gresley-designed V1 Class, introduced in 1930 and weighing 84 tons. Image date unknown.
Railway_engine_67613.jpg
67613 at Helensburgh812 views67613, pictured at the Helensburgh shed, was of the Gresley-designed V1 class. Introduced in 1930, this class of engine weighed 84 tons. Image date unknown.
67619-at-Helensburgh4.jpg
67619 at Helensburgh857 viewsThe steam locomotive 67619 is seen at the Helensburgh Shed beside the Central Station, where the Co-op Supermarket now stands. It is of the Gresley-designed V1 Class, introduced in 1930 and weighing 84 tons. Image date unknown.
Engine-67629.jpg
67629 at Helensburgh1031 viewsAn engine of the 84-ton V1 Class introduced in 1930, 67629, waits at Helensburgh Central. Photo reproduced by kind permission of the Duncan Chandler Collection, the copyright holder.
Railway_engine_67662.jpg
67662 at Helensburgh820 viewsThe Thompson-designed Class L1 engine 67662 takes on water at the Helensburgh shed on June 21 1955. The class was introduced in 1945 and weighed almost 90 tons.
Arrochar-engine5.jpg
Arrochar engine793 viewsA goods engine at Arrochar and Tarbet Station on the West Highland Line. It appears to be no.9438. Image date unknown.
Arrochar-Station6.jpg
Arrochar Station870 viewsFor many years Arrochar and Tarbet Station on the West Highland Line was the destination of a local service known as the 'Wee Arrochar' which ran several times a day from Craigendoran. It was a push-and-pull train with a tank engine always at the Craigendoran-bound end. Image date unknown.
Burgh_engine1.jpg
Burgh Engine938 viewsThis Gresley designed 2-6-2T V1 engine, 67603, which weighed 84 tons, is pictured at the Helensburgh Central Station Shed in 1958. This class was introduced in 1930.
Caledonian_1231.jpg
Caledonian no.123855 viewsCaledonian locomotive no.123 pictured at the Helensburgh engine depot in 1948 during an excursion to mark the centenary of the Caledonian Railway. Built by Neilson & Co. in Springburn in 1886, she won a gold medal at the Edinburgh International Exhibition that year. In regular service, no.123 worked on the 101-mile Carlisle to Edinburgh section of the west coast route. She was withdrawn in 1935 and is now an exhibit at Glasgow's Transport Museum. Image supplied by the photographer, Donald McAllister.
Cardross-derailment1.jpg
Cardross derailment1123 viewsThe goods train known locally as the ‘Ghost Train’ was derailed on October 18 1966 between the Ardmore East signal box and Cardross Station. It was on its way to Fort William.
70 files on 6 page(s) 1