Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Arrochar_pier.jpg
Arrochar Pier and Loch Long440 viewsTwo steamers are berthed at Arrochar Pier, which was built in 1850 and used to service several steamers daily with visitors from Glasgow. On the other side of the loch is the torpedo testing station. Image circa 1920.
Arrochar_Sour_Milk_Burn.jpg
The 'Sour Milk Burn'443 viewsThis fast flowing burn and waterfall at Arrochar is known as the Sour Milk Burn. Image circa 1904.
Auchendennan2451.jpg
Auchendennan530 viewsAuchendennan House was from 1945 to 2013 a Youth Hostel and is reputed to have its own ghost. This view, circa 1956, shows Loch Lomond and Inchmurrin island beyond. Used for hunting by Robert the Bruce when he lived at Cardross, and then a church possession of Dunbarton, Auchendennan was feued about the time of Flodden to one of the Dennistouns, Andrew of Cardross, whose descendants held it for 100 years and then the Napiers of Kilmahew for another 100 years. The present mansion was built in 1867 by Glasgow merchant George Martin, and it is now back in private ownership.
Barons_Point_Cove.jpg
Cove514 viewsCove is pictured from Baron Point in this picture printed in Saxony. Image date unknown, but probably from the early 1900s.
Barremman_Pier1.jpg
End of the Pier Show690 viewsThe pier at Barremman, Clynder, built about 1877 on the instructions of Robert Thom, owner of Barremman Estate, was blown up by the Army in November 1967, using 2lbs of plastic explosive, as it was the cheapest way to demolish the pier, which had become unsafe. District Clerk William Swan pressed the plunger at the invitation of D.Smith of Construction and Marine Ltd., Garelochhead. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
Barremman_Pier3431.jpg
Barremman Pier509 viewsThe pier at Barremman, Clynder, built about 1877 on the instructions of Robert Thom, owner of Barremman Estate, is pictured, circa 1904. It was blown up by the Army in November 1967 as it was the cheapest way to demolish the pier, which had become unsafe.
Ben_Lomond1472.jpg
Ben Lomond447 viewsAn 1880s photograph of the Ben taken from the grounds of Tarbet Hotel.
Black-Bridge5211.jpg
The Black Bridge565 viewsAn unusual view of the Black Bridge in Glen Fruin from the other side of the river, looking west through the glen, circa 1924.
Blairnairn-Glen-Fruin.jpg
Blairnairn Cottage in Glen Fruin546 viewsLooking west in Glen Fruin towards Blairnairn at harvest time. Image date unknown.
Burnfoot.jpg
Burnfoot524 viewsThe Burnfoot farmhouse at Arden on Loch Lomondside, looking north towards Ben Lomond. Also known as Burnfoot of Ross Farm. Nearby the ferry to Inchmurrin leaves. Image circa 1920.
Cardross-Main-Street1.jpg
Cardross Main Street601 viewsThe west entrance to Cardross village is pictured, circa 1935.
Cardross-north-end5322.jpg
Cardross658 viewsThe north end of Cardross village. Image date unknown.
220 files on 19 page(s) 2