Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — District

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
fruinbridge8.jpg
Black Bridge, Glen Fruin757 viewsA photograph taken in the 1920s by keen amateur photographer Robert Thorburn, a Helensburgh grocery store manager. It shows the Black Bridge in Glen Fruin, with the schoolhouse in the background.
Loch_Lomond_19010143.jpg
Loch Lomond 1901632 views
Barremman_Pier1.jpg
End of the Pier Show690 viewsThe pier at Barremman, Clynder, built about 1877 on the instructions of Robert Thom, owner of Barremman Estate, was blown up by the Army in November 1967, using 2lbs of plastic explosive, as it was the cheapest way to demolish the pier, which had become unsafe. District Clerk William Swan pressed the plunger at the invitation of D.Smith of Construction and Marine Ltd., Garelochhead. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
cornmill.jpg
Old Corn Mill605 viewsOld Corn Mill, Rosneath.
Postmarked 1910
Glen_Luss4.jpg
Rossdhu and Glen Luss626 viewsUndated photograph from the past of Glen Luss from Inchtavannach, showing Rossdhu House, ancestral home of the Clan Colquhoun and now clubhouse for the exclusive Loch Lomond Golf Club.
Peninsula_view2.jpg
Peninsula Evening546 viewsA view of the Rosneath Peninsula taken from above Whistler's Glen at Rhu in the 1960s. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
tut_195125.jpg
King Tut 1951586 viewsTwo ladies stand on top of the famous painted rock 'King Tut' at Kilcreggan in 1951.
tut_1920s24.jpg
King Tut in the 20s597 viewsA group of young men on the famous painted rock 'King Tut' at Kilcreggan in the 1920s.
Garelochhead_Hotel0744.jpg
Garelochhead Village690 viewsA view of the Garelochhead Hotel, burnt down some years ago, and the long demolished pier, circa 1905.
Whistlers_Glen06610.jpg
Whistler's Glen1033 viewsIllegal distilling was a feature in the Gareloch area until about 1830, and Whistler's Glen above Rhu was so named from the practice of signalling the approach of the Gauger or Exciseman. There was also a legitimate distillery at the foot of Whistler's Burn where Aldonaig now stands.
Garelochhead_aerial2.jpg
Garelochhead622 viewsAn aerial view of Garelochhead, circa 1924.
Gareloch1.jpg
The Ship Park661 viewsThe Gareloch has often been a haven for shipping, merchant and navy. This photograph looking down on the loch from Whistlefield was probably taken in the 1930s.
220 files on 19 page(s) 1