Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Drumfork-Ferry-House.jpg
Drumfork Ferry House649 viewsA very old image of the long demolished Drumfork Ferry House, which was to the east of what is now Craigendoran Station. Sheep and cattle were brought to it over the Old Luss Road, then ferried to Greenock.
DSCI0006.jpg
Malig Mill inscription with dates1568 viewsThese have been placed on one wall. According to one written source the original mill was rebuilt. The dates may or may not support this.
DSCI0007.jpg
Grindwheel1672 viewsThis has been placed below the dated roundels of Malig Mill. These remains are in Hermitage Park and to the rear of the Victoria Halls.
Eagle_Hotel.jpg
Seafront and Eagle Hotel798 viewsAn early 1900s image of Helensburgh's West Esplanade, looking west from John Street and showing the Eagle Temperance Hotel.
earlybaths.jpg
The Swimming Pool1567 viewsHelensburgh's outdoor pool. Undated, possible the 1960s.
East-Bay-w.jpg
East Bay297 viewsAn unusual view of the East Bay looking towards Helensburgh town centre. Image supplied by Gordon Fraser.
East-Bay-_-Queens-Hotel-.jpg
East Bay and Queen's Hotel481 viewsA 1903 image of Helensburgh's East Bay, with the Queen's Hotel on the right. It was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats.
East-Bay026.jpg
East Bay867 viewsThe East Bay and esplanade before the sea wall was built, with Queen's Hotel in the distance dominating other buildings. Image circa 1924.
East-Bay028-w.jpg
East Bay671 viewsHelensburgh's East Bay esplanade in days gone by. Image date unknown.
East-Bay4383.jpg
East Bay828 viewsThe East Bay with the pier in the distance. Image date unknown.
East-Clyde-Street-w.jpg
Street flooded363 viewsA car is marooned by flooding in Helensburgh's Glenfinlas Street just above the East Clyde Street junction. 1990s photo kindly supplied by Iain Duncan.
East-Clyde-Street558.jpg
East Clyde Street984 viewsEast Clyde Street, Helensburgh, circa 1912. On the left is the sign at the entrance to the Queen's Hotel, with what appears to be two Provost's lamps outside, recording the fact that the burgh's first Provost, Henry Bell, used to live there when it was the Baths Hotel.
290 files on 25 page(s) 7