Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Colquhoun_Square3401.jpg
Colquhoun Square862 viewsA view across Colquhoun Square from the south east quadrant, with a young girl on the left, two men sitting on the roof of the building behind the Post Office, and a worker up a ladder cleaning a window of the Post Office building. Image date unknown.
Colquhoun_Square_1959.jpg
Colquhoun Square west511 viewsA 1959 image of Colquhoun Square, which does not appear to have any lamp posts.
Colquhoun_Street.jpg
Colquhoun Street691 viewsLooking north up Colquhoun Street from above Argyle Street when the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. This 20th century image was published by Macneur and Bryden Ltd. of East Princes Street, publishers of the Helensburgh and Gareloch Times. Image date unknown.
Colquouh-Squ-from-south-w.jpg
Colquhoun Square454 viewsA 1926 image of Helensburgh's Colquhoun Square, looking north east from the south west quadrant where the water fountain was situated for some years.
Conservative_club-1.jpg
Conservative Club851 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Conservative_club-2.jpg
Conservative Club817 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Conservative_club-3.jpg
Conservative Club768 viewsThe upstairs premises at 40 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, housed the Conservative and Unionist Club Rooms. The attractive building was designed in 1894 by Honeyman and Keppie, and it is thought Charles Rennie Mackintosh, then a young architect employed by the firm, contributed to the design which has many Glasgow-style features. A statue of St Andrew, the crest of the club, occupies a niche in a central position on the facade. Now the building is owned by the clothing firm Mackays. Image by Stewart Noble.
Craigendoran-Avenue-w.jpg
Craigendoran Avenue317 viewsA view of houses in Craigendoran Avenue with the railway line on the right. Image supplied by Gordon Fraser.
Craigendoran3252.jpg
Craigendoran from the pier906 viewsAn unusual view of the homes and the Reynolds Station Hotel on Craigendoran seafront, taken from the pier. Circa 1906.
Craigendoran_Avenue~0.jpg
Craigendoran517 viewsCraigendoran Avenue, Helensburgh, with its row of townhouses leading down to the Clyde. Image date unknown.
Craigendoran_from_pier129.jpg
Craigendoran631 viewsA 1927 view of Craigendoran seafront properties taken from the pier. Second from left is the Lomond Hotel.
Craigendoran_Middleton_Drive.jpg
Craigendoran511 viewsMiddleton Drive, Craigendoran, beside the Clyde and west of Craigendoran Pier. Image date unknown.
289 files on 25 page(s) 6