Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Places — Burgh

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Camis_Eskan_garden-2.jpg
Camis Eskan Market Garden1070 viewsPart of the gardens at Camis Eskan during World War Two. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
Camis_Eskan_garden-3.jpg
Camis Eskan Greenhouse1046 viewsThe greenhouse in the gardens of Camis Eskan during the Second World War. Photo by kind permission of Sheila Penny.
Camis_Eskan_greenhouse.jpg
Camis Eskan greenhouse669 viewsThe large greenhouse at Camis Eskan, on the east side of Helensburgh. The man is possibly Jimmy Orr and the picture may have been taken by his son-in-law George Truman, who was chauffeur to the Dennistouns who owned the mansion when he married Agnes (Cissie) Orr in 1924. Image, circa 1930, supplied by Alistair Quinlan — Agnes was his great aunt.
Cenotaph.jpg
Helensburgh Cenotaph1089 viewsAn old photograph of the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. Today the lettering of the names of the fallen is weather-beaten, and for safety reasons the pool is kept empty.
Centenary_Cross270.jpg
Centenary Cross710 viewsThe pink granite Centenary Cross, donated in 1902 by Sir James Colquhoun of Luss to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter, in its original position in the centre of Colquhoun Square. It was moved to the north west quadrant as it had become a traffic hazard. Image date unknown.
Centenary_monument108.jpg
Centenary Monument639 viewsLooking west from Colquhoun Square along West Princes Street before the Centenary Monument was moved from the centre of the square to the north west quadrant. Provost Sam Bryden, who owned Macneur & Bryden's newsagent and gift shop in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, was the man responsible for the erection of the monument. Image circa 1908.
Centenary_monument1662.jpg
Centenary Cross864 viewsThe pink granite centenary cross in the centre of Colquhoun Square in 1905. It was donated in 1903 by Sir James Colquhoun, the 30th of Luss and 5th Baronet, to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter in 1902. Later it was moved to the north west quadrant of the square for road safety reasons.
Clock-Tower-view-w.jpg
View from above344 viewsPhotographer Brian Averell climbed to the top of the Clock Tower on March 26 1985 to take this view looking along the West Esplanade. The tower, originally part of the Old Parish Church, was being repaired by local builders A.Trail & Son who also built the adjacent Tower Place flats on the church site.
Clyde-Street-Jan-1999-w.jpg
Flooded East Bay350 viewsHelensburgh's East Bay and East Clyde Street underwater in January 1999. Photo kindly supplied by Iain Duncan.
clydestcart.jpg
East Clyde Street1196 viewsThe lamp standard on the left marks the entrance to the Queen's Hotel. Postmarked 1920.
clydestE.jpg
Helensburgh Esplanade790 viewsThe car has just passed Glasgow Street.
clydestreet-wintertime-w.jpg
Snowy seafront285 views A view of East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in snowy conditions. Image, date unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.
289 files on 25 page(s) 4