Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Shops

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Sinclair-Street049_18-02-17.jpg
Sinclair Street shops1290 viewsA view of the east side of Sinclair Street, between Clyde Street and Princes Street, circa 1950. The shops are C.G.Reid ironmonger, J.Rowan clothier, Birrell confectioner, the Tudor Garden Restaurant, A.Massey & Sons grocer, Alex Munro butcher, Peacocks hairdresser, Hargan's shoes, the entrance to the Waldie & Co. Ltd. garage, two unidentified shops, Ross shoes, Maclachlan bakers.
Smith_Butchers7.jpg
W. & A.Smith, Butchers852 viewsThe 93 East Clyde Street premises of Smith Butchers. They offered finest home-fed beef and mutton, lamb and veal in season. Specialities were corned beef, pickled tongues and sausages. Orders could be called for morning and evening. Image circa 1910.
Woolworth-Drayton-1.jpg
Wonder of Woolies-11073 viewsLocal historian Pat Drayton is seen with members of staff outside the Woolworths store in West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in October 1997. She won a competition to perform the official opening of a new look store after extensive refurbishment and was treated to a champagne breakfast before the opening. The store was open for many years until it closed in January 2009 when the chain went into administration.
Woolworth-Drayton-2.jpg
Wonder of Woolies-21001 viewsLocal historian Pat Drayton is seen with members of staff inside the Woolworths store in West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in October 1997. She won a competition to perform the official opening of a new look store after extensive refurbishment and was treated to a champagne breakfast before the opening. The store was open for many years until it closed in January 2009 when the chain went into administration.
Woolworths~0.jpg
Woolworths1053 viewsA view of West Clyde Street circa 1970 showing the F.W.Woolworth branch which closed in January 2009 and beyond it the National Commercial Bank which became part of the Royal Bank of Scotland and moved to Colquhoun Square.
     
29 files on 3 page(s) 3