Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Shops

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Woolworths~0.jpg
Woolworths1038 viewsA view of West Clyde Street circa 1970 showing the F.W.Woolworth branch which closed in January 2009 and beyond it the National Commercial Bank which became part of the Royal Bank of Scotland and moved to Colquhoun Square.
Woolworth-Drayton-2.jpg
Wonder of Woolies-2988 viewsLocal historian Pat Drayton is seen with members of staff inside the Woolworths store in West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in October 1997. She won a competition to perform the official opening of a new look store after extensive refurbishment and was treated to a champagne breakfast before the opening. The store was open for many years until it closed in January 2009 when the chain went into administration.
Woolworth-Drayton-1.jpg
Wonder of Woolies-11061 viewsLocal historian Pat Drayton is seen with members of staff outside the Woolworths store in West Clyde Street, Helensburgh, in October 1997. She won a competition to perform the official opening of a new look store after extensive refurbishment and was treated to a champagne breakfast before the opening. The store was open for many years until it closed in January 2009 when the chain went into administration.
Cook_Outfitters2.jpg
W.Cook, Tailor710 viewsThe 44 West Princes Street premises of W.Cook, Ladies' and Gentlemen's Tailor. He offered riding breeches, liveries, uniforms, Highland costumes, and always had on hand a large and well-selected stock of tweeds, worsteds, serges, Harris and homespun materials.
Smith_Butchers7.jpg
W. & A.Smith, Butchers837 viewsThe 93 East Clyde Street premises of Smith Butchers. They offered finest home-fed beef and mutton, lamb and veal in season. Specialities were corned beef, pickled tongues and sausages. Orders could be called for morning and evening. Image circa 1910.
Rowatts19113.jpg
Thos. Rowatt837 viewsThe 16 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, premises of Thomas Rowatt, cabinetmaker and upholsterer. Later the firm moved to West Princes Street, where it is still in business today. Image circa 1910.
Kerr_furniture4.jpg
Thomas H.Kerr Furniture932 viewsThe 19 James Street premises of Thomas H.Kerr, Dealer in Modern and Antique Furniture, Cabinet-maker, Upholsterer and Removal Contractor. Image circa 1910.
Sinclair-Street049_18-02-17.jpg
Sinclair Street shops1275 viewsA view of the east side of Sinclair Street, between Clyde Street and Princes Street, circa 1950. The shops are C.G.Reid ironmonger, J.Rowan clothier, Birrell confectioner, the Tudor Garden Restaurant, A.Massey & Sons grocer, Alex Munro butcher, Peacocks hairdresser, Hargan's shoes, the entrance to the Waldie & Co. Ltd. garage, two unidentified shops, Ross shoes, Maclachlan bakers.
Shandon_Shop1087.jpg
Shandon Shop845 viewsBray, Shandon, on Kirk Brae, where Cooper & Co., agent for the Perth Dye Works, offered Teas etc. Date unknown. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove.
Royal-Bank-exterior.jpg
Royal Bank868 viewsThe exterior of the Royal Bank of Scotland branch in East Princes Street, next to stationers Macneur and Bryden Ltd. The picture was taken by Wilson Brothers Photographers, of Glasgow, and in front is manager John R.Dixon, circa 1936. Image supplied by Marion Gillies.
Rhu-Post-Office2.jpg
Rhu Post Office748 viewsAn old picture of Rhu Post Office, date unknown. David Winton left his job with the Post Office in Arbroath about 1910 as he was becoming blind, and he and his wife moved to Rhu where they were Postmaster and Postmistress until the mid-1950s. Beyond is the Rhu Inn, then known as the Colquhoun Arms. Image supplied by their great grandson, Alistair Quinlan.
Old-Rhu-Post-Office.jpg
Rhu Post Office764 viewsAn old picture of Rhu Post Office, date unknown. David Winton left his job with the Post Office in Arbroath about 1910 as he was becoming blind, and he and his wife moved to Rhu where they were Postmaster and Postmistress until the mid-1950s. Beyond is the Rhu Inn, then known as the Colquhoun Arms. Image supplied by their great grandson, Alistair Quinlan.
29 files on 3 page(s) 1