Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Mansions

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Rossdhu_House.jpg
Rossdhu House886 viewsThe ancestral home of the Chiefs of the Clan Colquhoun at Luss, the stately Georgian mansion is now the clubhouse for the exclusive Loch Lomond Golf Club who lease the building and grounds from the Colquhoun family. Building of the central part of the mansion was started in 1772. Image circa 1908.
Shandon-Hydro-bowls.jpg
Bowls at Shandon Hydro.981 viewsTwo gentlemen are seen playing bowls on the lawn of Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. Image circa 1905.
Shandon-Hydro-bowls~0.jpg
Bowls at Shandon Hydro975 viewsTwo gentlemen are seen playing bowls on the lawn of Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. Image circa 1905.
Shandon-Hydro-demolition-w.jpg
Hydro Demolition438 viewsOriginally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
Shandon_conference.jpg
Shandon Hydro Conference723 viewsShandon Hydro was the venue in 1952 for the annual conference of the Federation of Master Painters and Decorators in Scotland. At this conference Helensburgh man Gregory Alexander Burgess was elected president. Four years later he became president of the Incorporated Institute of British Decorators. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.
Shandon_Hydro-1045.jpg
Shandon Hydro2188 viewsView from the Gareloch of Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent mansion was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove.
   
90 files on 8 page(s) 8