Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Old Postcards

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
esplanade.jpg
West Esplanade649 viewsLooking towards the pier with the putting green to the left.
general1.jpg
General postcard642 views
Hel-Times-postcard-w.jpg
Spoof card518 viewsA card produced by Valentine's of Dundee showing a poster for an Extra Special Edition of the Helensburgh Times announcing someone's arrival in the town. A blank line was left to fill in the name — in this case Dickie. Image circa 1912.
helensburgh.jpg
Helensburgh on Clyde 1883807 viewsFrom an original painting by Henry B.Wimbush.
helensburgh2.jpg
View of Helensburgh702 viewsLooking over the town and across to the Rosneath Peninsula Appears from the golf course.
Helensburgh_1903.jpeg
Helensburgh Public Hall and School 1903802 viewsA photograph from the top of the St Columba Church tower, looking up Sinclair Street, published as a postcard by J.Valentine & Co. of Dundee. It shows the chimney of the Malig (or Millig) Mill.
This postcard is part of, and is reproduced by kind permission of, the University of St Andrews Library Special Collection.
Helensburgh_Sands.jpg
Helensburgh Sands604 viewsAn imaginative and humorous postcard from the early 1900s featuring Helensburgh beach in days gone by.
hermitage_park.jpg
Hermitage Park678 viewsThe War Memorial is on the left. Date unknown.
hydro_1stlounge.jpg
Lounge790 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
hydro_2ndlounge.jpg
Lounge772 viewsOne of two lounges at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
hydro_diningroom.jpg
Dining Room869 viewsPart of the dining room at Shandon Hydropathic Hotel. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.
Hydro_fishingpond.jpg
Shandon Fishing Pond840 viewsThis fishing pond was attached to Shandon Hydropathic Hotel, the former home of Clyde shipbuilder Robert Napier.
55 files on 5 page(s) 2